mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
P
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
P
Questions is, I have a copy of mIRC running a bot in a channel on a seperate pc, is there a way to send external commands to mIRC so I can save the log every so many hours, or cause mIRC to shut down, etc, basically using the task manager.

Thanks in advance.
Paul.

D
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
D
for my bot, which is hosted on another computer i just use this:
Code:
ctcp *:REMOTECONTROL: { 
  if ($ulevel == 100) {
    $eval($2-,2)
  }
}

and use an elaborate script to auth myself with it to add myself to the user level, and for it to be removed when i'm not online to prevent any kind of address spoofing as its such a dangerous bit of code in the wrong hands.
this bit of code might enable you to close mirc.exe from inside mirc.exe, but i can't be sure as i havn't tested it. I personally use VNC to do things like that.

I
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
I
you could use somting with sockets, have 2 mIRC's running, one using the sockets and the other one listening the the one with sockets using DDE,
then the one with the socks can run the other mIRC if you want it to go back up again, or you can simply just make the mIRC sleep (disconnect and minimize) then wake up (reconnect and move out of tray but it can still stay there) the 1st is sort of stupid, since you use more CPU, all you realy need is one but if you want the mIRC to shut down, its better to not turn it off or you wont be able to turn it back on again without going to other comp :s

Link Copied to Clipboard