mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#12183 20/02/03 01:50 PM
C
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
C
I have tried searching but without much luck.

Ive only been using mirc for a few days im the problem im having is that while im downloading, if the download speed drops below 1kbps it disconnects me, is there a way to turn that off or to make it reconnect to the download again.

I have looked in the options on mirc but when i change to auto download i still have to manually connect for the download.

Sorry if this doesnt make too much sence.

Thanks

#12184 20/02/03 10:46 PM
W
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
W
I assume that by "auto download" you mean "auto-get file" at ALT + O > DCC. All that setting does is automatically click the "Accept" button for you when somebody sends you a file. It doesn't seek out files or automatically resume downloads (just so you're clear on what it does and doesn't do).

When the download speed drops below 1kbps and the file transfer stops, does the sender send you a notice saying something like "minimum speed is 2kbps, so your download has been cancelled" or does the send stop without any notice?

-
/>_<\
WARbird,
DALnet: #mIRC
#12185 21/02/03 02:55 AM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
If the download speed is that slow to begin with then it is likely that you have a big problem with bandwidth or the person sending to you does. The speed itself should cause you to disconnect though I would say the issue causing the speed to be slow is simply intensifying to the point where a connection isn't possible.

#12186 21/02/03 08:03 AM
C
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
C
I dont have a bandwidth problem as im on a 2mb broadband, when the speen drops below 1kbps i do get a warning but then it just stops and the speed drops to 0.0 and then nothing happens. What i wanted to do was leave it running over night but if that happens it would just sit at 0 without trying to automatically join again.

Can i change the settings for that to happen?

#12187 21/02/03 11:40 AM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Unless the restriction is at your end and controllable fully by you then no.

Your downloads are controlled by serveral things:

1. Your download speed and available bandwidth.
2. The senders speed and available bandwidth.
3. The amount of traffic sharing the pipes in between the two peers.
4. Any other issue that I can't think of at 22:40 AEST.

#12188 24/02/03 10:56 PM
W
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
W
What does this "warning" say? I asked because if it says something about a low CPS (or send rate, or something equivilant) it could be (as Watchdog pointed out) the *sender's* problem and not yours.

If this happens consistantly, though, with MANY different senders, then the problem likely rests with you.

-
/>_<\
WARbird,
DALnet: #mIRC

Link Copied to Clipboard