mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
A
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
A
Hey. I need an on TEXT command that will be triggered if the one of the words said matches at least 4 character (in a row) of a hash item. More specifically, I'm doing an away system.

EX: DeepSeaFisher goes away. His name is added to a hash table (the nick being the item and the data is the reason) Insted of someone having to say "DeepSeaFisher" in a sentence to trigger a "DeepSeaFisher is away" message, they could say Deep or Fish, or any other 4 letter chunk of a nick. The only part I need is the 4 letter trigger (in bold bellow)

<DeepSeaFisher> !away blah
<Bot> Your are now away for blah
<Jimmy> Where did Deep go?
<Bot> DeepSeaFisher is currently away

I believe this would be fairly simple. Please dont be confused by all my examples, I only tried to make it very clear of what I needed. Thanks in advance!

Thanks,
Austin Hammer

"God sometimes puts us in the dark for us to see the light"
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
I dont beleive you can do that (well theroerticly you could but it would be task intensive), i would take everyline and process the words larger than 3 bytes for matching entries in the table.

heres the code i came up with.

Code:
on *:text:*:#:{
  if ($hget(HASHTABLENAME)) {
    hfree -w HASHTABLENAME.TEMP
    var %text = $strip($1-)
    var %i = 1
    while (%i &lt;= $numtok(%text,32)) {
      var %word = $gettok(%text,%i,32)
      if ($len(%word) &gt;= 4) &amp;&amp; (!$pos(%word,?,1) &amp;&amp; !$pos(%word,&amp;,1) &amp;&amp; !$pos(%word,*,1)) {
        if ($hfind(HASHTABLENAME,$+(*,%word,*),0,w)) {
          var %l = $v1
          while (%l) {
            var %item = $hfind(HASHTABLENAME,$+(*,%word,*),%l,w)
            if (!$hget(HASHTABLENAME.TEMP,%item)) {
              hadd -m HASHTABLENAME.TEMP %item $true
              msg $chan %item is currently away reason $hget(HASHTABLENAME,%item)
            }
            dec %l
          }
        }
        ;
        var %l = $findtok(%text,%word,0,32) | while (%l) { var %text = $reptok(%text,%word,.,%l,32) | dec %l }
        ; ^ speed up rotine by removing %word AND any repeats of it later in the text
      }
      inc %i
    }
  }
}

* tested and was working.

You didnt specify the hash table name so i called it HASHTABLENAME, there is also a HASHTABLENAME.TEMP table created and erased, its used to set a flag for any nick mentioned as away to ensure it doesnt get mentioned again in the same pass.

You could remove the two lines of hfree -w HASHTABLENAME.TEMP and change the hadd -m HASHTABLENAME.TEMP %item $true to hadd -mu300 HASHTABLENAME.TEMP %item $true then it would only mention someones away once in a 5 min period. Just another idea maybe.

A
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
A
Hey. This is excelent! I just have 1 small problem. I would like for it to work if the name had a question mark on the end. So that: Where is Deep? ... would also trigger. Normally, I would be able to modify a script to acomidate this, however, some of the code you used if unfamilar to me. So I would appreciate if you could show me how to make it work with a question mark. grin

Thanks,
Austin Hammer

Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
would a simple on TEXT be enough for what you want? Like:

if ($istok($1-,deep,32)) { msg $chan Deep is away }

You might also have a first "if" statement before this one that would check if a variable was set for you being away. You'd set the variable on in the away alias. You might also want a "back" alias that unsets your variable. I actually wrote an alias for when I quit, so that all the variables that I set while I was logged in get unset before I quit.

I'm new to this, so I don't know much beyond the basics. Hope that helps.

Last edited by bwr30060; 31/05/05 04:41 PM.
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
Oops, just realized the token identifier wouldn't work with a question mark, so your on TEXT line should really be

if (deep isin $strip($1-)) { msg $chan Deep is away }

Last edited by bwr30060; 31/05/05 04:44 PM.
A
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
A
Sorry Blake. I guess I didnt make myself very clear. I need it to work for any nick that is an item in the hash table, not just the nick Deep. I only used that as an example to help explain my problem. But thanks anyways! smile

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Code:
on *:text:*:#:{
  if ($hget(HASHTABLENAME)) {
    var %text = $strip($1-)
    var %i = 1
    while (%i &lt;= $numtok(%text,32)) {
      var %word = $gettok(%text,%i,32)
      [color:blue];
      while ($right(%word,1) == ?) { var %word = $left(%word,-1) }
      ; ^ remove an unlimited number of ? of the end of a word before testing it
      ; ^ This could be changed to deal with ? ! . , etc by changing to the following line
      ;while ($istok(? ! . $chr(44),$right(%word,1),32)) { var %word = $left(%word,-1) }
      ;[/color]
      if ($len(%word) &gt;= 4) &amp;&amp; (!$pos(%word,?,1) &amp;&amp; !$pos(%word,&amp;,1) &amp;&amp; !$pos(%word,*,1)) {
        [color:blue];^ words with ?,&amp;,* are ignored due to them being part of the wildmatching system of $hfind, also they arent legal characters in nicks
        ;[/color]
        if ($hfind(HASHTABLENAME,$+(*,%word,*),0,w)) {
          var %l = $v1
          while (%l) {
            var %item = $hfind(HASHTABLENAME,$+(*,%word,*),%l,w)
            if (!$hget(HASHTABLENAME.TEMP,%item)) {
              hadd -m HASHTABLENAME.TEMP %item $true
              msg $chan %item is currently away reason $hget(HASHTABLENAME,%item)
            }
            dec %l
          }
        }
        ;
        var %l = $findtok(%text,%word,0,32) | while (%l) { var %text = $reptok(%text,%word,.,%l,32) | dec %l }
        ; ^ speed up rotine by removing %word AND any repeats of it later in the text
      }
      inc %i
    }
  }
}

A
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
A
Thanks bro! grin