mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#121577 29/05/05 02:51 PM
I
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
I
1. When you right click on the TextBox where you enter text, the "Select All" item in the popupmenu is always enabled, even though there is no text. What about disabling it when there's no text? smile

2. The text buffer will be infinite if you have the scrollbar's thumb elsewhere than on the bottom, the text buffer will never stop until the thumb is back to the bottom.

3. What about having less Icons on the top, for example removing the Address book, Online timer, URL list and Channels list? I never use those icons. And what about new icons over the old ones? smile I know the current one looks pretty, but maybe you could design prettier ones.

4. Feature to disable/enable icons on the top (the default ones) and customize them in any order in an easy way. I know it's possible, but what about having it in Options as user-friendly. The problem is, most things are complicated to do, I think things should be easier for us who aren't scripting etc.

5. Customize text wrapping (no wrapping, wrap per char all the time.. etc)

I hope you read some of these suggestions, thanks!

K
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
K
I'll only comment on the 3rd and 4th topic...

Why remove those icons from the toolbar? Maybe, there's someone out there, that as the online timer for is favorite icon. he presses that icon just for the fun, and there's no way he could let go of it.
But in the next topic you give a very excellent choice about the icons. personalize. today there are a lot of programs that let you choose witch icons you wish to have in your toolbar. just like internet explorer for example. i think that would be great, even further if you could add your own.
As for the thing about re-design the icons, you can simply download an image with new icons and apply to your toolbar.

Last edited by K0olsys; 30/05/05 10:06 AM.
D
Babel fish
Babel fish
D
I'm pretty sure mIRC lets you choose what buttons you want to use for your toolbar. You just need to find some, there aren't many out there.

I use the blue.mts theme and that comes with a custom set of blue toolbar icons...

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Quote:
I'm pretty sure mIRC lets you choose what buttons you want to use for your toolbar. You just need to find some, there aren't many out there.

Currently mIRC only lets you change the appearance of the buttons, not what they do.

N
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
N
Since my original thread was locked and since you ask so specificaly...
Quote:
Why remove those icons from the toolbar?

Not not be able to add toolbar icons? Change toolbar icons? Remove icons? Does it not provide more customization for your scripts? And I so would love a non-dll based treeview switchbar.

... Would I be too much to ask for mIRC to be a namespace extension? Of course without losing (but possibly losing backwards compatibility) most of the functionality of mIRC?? smile

... A can dream right?

NaquadaBomb
www.mirc-dll.com
D
Babel fish
Babel fish
D
yes, i meant change the APPEARENCE of the buttons that are already there, bad choice of words i guess...

i'd like to see a customizable toolbar though, i have just installed a script with one written in mdx and i like the things i have put on it. i'd like to see that ability put into mIRC.

Link Copied to Clipboard