Print Thread
#120588 19/05/05 09:39 AM
S
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
S
dear mirc support.
i am writing here to try and get some help with sending file via mirc dcc send. my problem is that i now have a d-link adsl modem. model dsl-302g version 2.
i am wanting to serve via video pimp and i assume this could be simmillar in other instances as well
i have been looking into port forwarding and i have now tried various combinations in order to forward port settings.
but alas i have had no success.
i am assinged an ip address on every connect. meaning mine is dynamic.
i have tried forwarding my port via ..browser/loging into my modem/advanced user mode/wan/natnat rule entry/add
i have tried redirerct / DMZ / napt.
and have had no success.
i have tried the ippaddress i am assigned. the ip address i see im mirc on connect. which are the same. is there another ip i need to add.
is there anyone else here from new zealand who could help with mirc/xtra jetstram/ d-link adsl dsl-302g.
any possible solutions would be warmly appreciated.
i have followed lots of links to configure port forwarding but i must be doing something wrong...i hope not.
please help sadaukar_elite@xtra.co.nz

#120589 19/05/05 11:00 PM
S
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
S
Port forwarding section is what you're looking for, i'll try to explain it briefly

Step 1. Find out the Internal Ip Address of the Computer you are using..while in mIrc type /localinfo -h (then look in status screen) after you find that info, be sure to type /localinfo -u to revert your IP back to what mIRC expects it to be.

now lets assume it told you the Internal IP was 192.168.1.100

Note the IP Address, (you need this to configure the Router), in our case 192.168.1.100 (Yours may Differ)

-----------------------

Step 2. Open up your Router Configuration and forward ports to the IP Address you just got when doing step 1......In this case we will forward ports 4000 up to 4004 to your IP Address 192.168.1.100 (Yours may Differ) .. Thats a total of 5 ports for DCC...(Should you want more ports..its 1 port per dcc). Then in your routers Port forwarding section forward these 5 ports to your Internal IP...After making changes to your router configuration click Apply or Save or whatever option it gives you to save changes and exit.

----------------------

Step 3. Go back to mirc Options (normally accessible by holding down the ALT-key and hitting the letter O (Alt + O) ...then look for Connect > Options [Advanced] button..and look where it says DCC Ports First Last (The default options here are First 1024 Last 5000) we change these to First 4000 and Last 4004 (This tells mirc to use only ports 4000 to 4004 for DCC) ... The above assumes you are using a recent version of mIRC

----------------------

Thats it, you just configured your router and mirc to use ports 4000 to 4004, for DCC ..easy huh.? laugh

Give a man a fish feed him for a day, Teach him to fish, feed him for life
#120590 21/05/05 04:40 AM
S
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
S
dear scot.
thank you for your reply.
i undestand what it is that you tell me but i sill am having trouble trying to send files in videopimp. when i got to my nat option and try to add a nat rule i get many options. i have tried . redirect dmz and napt with my lan ip address and my dynamic ip address. i am to understand that my local address from and to shaould be the same enter and globals left with zero. but as far as ports go i have these options.
destination port from
destinalion port too
local port infoi have been setting these up with the any other port option.
how ever there are other options on these previous option and i think this is where i could be going wrong
do you have any advice on these options
hope to hear from you soon
thanks
martin

Last edited by sadaukar; 21/05/05 04:47 AM.
#120591 25/05/05 12:56 AM
S
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
S
I have absolutely no idea what Video pimp is, you should try to get DCC working on its own, before using a third party DCC whatever it is, usually if you join any #mIRC help channel, someone is clued up on DCC problems..

Give a man a fish feed him for a day, Teach him to fish, feed him for life

Link Copied to Clipboard