mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
O
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
O
OK, so let's make it a self-extracting cabinet laugh Though it would require special software on your side, your clients will be able to unpack it with minimal effort.

Microsoft has a free tool that can create self-extracting cabinets. The good thing about this particular tool is that the archives it creates can unpack themselves in batch mode—that is, without user intervention (if you recall, most SFXs require user intervention to some extent, e.g., selecting an output folder, before they can proceed).

If you would like to experiment with it, get the Internet Explorer Administration Kit and look for a file called IEXPRESS.EXE. Once your archive is ready, you can unpack it by simply running

ARCHIVE.EXE /T:[color:green]C:\PATH /C[/color]
[note: "C:\PATH" must exist beforehand]

and that will work on WINE too!

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Quote:
Really the objective for me, Is not to achieve a small compression, but merely to have the files and folders packaged into one single file, like a .zip, which I could extract with pure mIRC script.
There is another criteria... The file packaging format must be reasonably popular, So that a user can package their files with a common windows or linux tool, and not with a mIRC script.
So we have compression with a 3rd party program, Decompression with pure mIRC script...
But it's really about folder packaging not compression, I don't care if the end resulting file is a bit bigger than the original folder.

OK well how about using zip files with no compression in them, thus its just a big file and folder structure, besides the zipfile format packaging around(through?) the files, they would be raw file data inside, so easy to extract, and can be made by any number of 3rd party zip tools, and pulled apart by mirc script without to much forseen problems since there is no compression envolved. All the elements requested answered i think.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard