mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
J
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
J
why are there so many different scripts? they all pretty much have the same intensions and that's to make your IRC easier to use. How do i know which one is the best or which one to choose?

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Hey dude, not all scripts are the same. Most will have the same features but not every script will be word for word the same. You get fun scripts (millions of popups), scripts for the more advanced users and not so much advanced. War scripts which we don't really help with on here.

We really can't tell you what would be a great script to use because although I like one, others may not vice versa so in order to find a script that you like it'd need to meet your requirements, e.g:

[*]Do you want multiple poppups?
[*]Do you want an advanced whois system?
[*]Do you want the ability to play songs?
[*]Do you want to scan the network for IRCops?

A popular script mentioned and I think (almost) everyone would agree is NoName Script

It really comes down to what you like and dislike.

Here's 3 popular scripting sites:

mIRC Scripts.org
Hawkee.com
mIRC.net

And as always there's always the majorties or minorties favourites create a fully customizable script yourself by downloading mIRC here. smile

Edit:
*Added WWW

-Andy

Last edited by SladeKraven; 11/05/05 05:14 PM.
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
That script spams far too much, and I know a couple of channels which auto-ban for it.

WWW helps in a URL address, not all are configured for http:// only, mirc.co.uk being one of them. :tongue:

Edit: All of the projects on mirc.net have a review, and a lot of projects on ms.org/hawkee.com do too, so you might want to read over them to see what the reviewer thought. Also check the comments left for the project, if any, and the screenshots, if any.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Another thing to consider is whether or not you want or need a lot of features. If you like features, look into full scripts. If you don't like many features, then try addon scripts that only offer specific features you need.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
Quote:
why are there so many different scripts?

Why are there soo many paintings of flowers?

C
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
C
Quote:

How do i know which one is the best or which one to choose?

it's all pretty much trial and error, for new people just getting started with mirc or irc in general it's probaly best to start with a full featured script such as the noname script that was previously mentioned by slade. there are others too, such as sysreset, excursion, and everyones "FAVORITE" invision just to name a few. just keep trying till you find one that suits you..

good luck!

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
favorite in quotes? any reason? smile

My personal favorites are Invision and SysReset. I never liked Excursion and haven't tried NoName.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
The only script I've ever used was DarkStyle Pro II and that amused me for a good 4 years, the author doesn't code anymore that script still uses version 5.82 of mIRC. It is fun filled has some nice features, some hilarious wave files. It uses the matrix theme, some nice matrix wave and bmp jpeg files.

I'd recommend it to the less advanced IRC users.

-Andy

Link Copied to Clipboard