Print Thread
#119255 03/05/05 02:41 AM
D
Darkmnm Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
D
Please bare with me here as I am going to attempt to create a "Sidebar" for my script and I am very new to this particular project but I know I can do it I just may be asking for help here and there. Of course this will only be if I get stumped on the mIRC.hlp.

Ok, so what I want to know is what would be the best dll to use to use for docking the dialog to the left side of mIRC, hOs.dll, UltraDock.dll, or ReBar.dll. The sidebar will (hopefully) host a mp3 player with buttons and list, Notify list, Ram Usage Progress Bar, As well as a Progress Bar type Lag Bar.

Any input is greatly appreciated as always. Thanks in advance.

#119256 03/05/05 07:35 AM
A
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
A
Idling on undernet in #mirc.net I got the impression that hos would be the best they kinda yelled at me smile for using ultradock and never used ReBar

#119257 03/05/05 08:29 AM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Independent review & comments for hos.dll - mirc.net.
Independent review & comments for UltraDock.dll - mirc.net
Independent review & comments for hos.dll - mircscripts.org
Comments for UltraDock.dll - mircscripts.org.

I think there is an ample amount of views at those specific pages! ReBar.dll doesn't really come into the equation as that's just an old version of ultradock.

Taking quick glances at some of the comments on each of those pages, and what I have heard in general, most people seem to think hOs.dll is a better alternative.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#119258 03/05/05 11:35 AM
D
Darkmnm Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
D
Well thanks for the input and the links, I'll surely be checking them out.

Ok, after reading the suggested links I'm going with my first impression here and going to be using the hOs.dll for my sidebar dialog. Thanks for the info and I'm sure I'll be around begging like a dog for some sort of help in the near future... lol.

Last edited by Darkmnm; 03/05/05 11:51 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard