Print Thread
#117528 16/04/05 09:05 PM
H
hobbes Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
H
I appologize if there is already a topic about this issue, I am new here so please forgive me.

Basically, whenever I have IRC open, and I goto click a website im browsing on the bottom, it wont pop up over irc, I have to minimize IRC to see it. I never used to have this problem till recently, and its more annoying then you can possibly imagine (at first i said eh who cares, now its driving me absolutley nuts). If anyone knows what the problem might be, please let me know, I would appreciate it very much =P

EDIT: I already tried reinstalling by the way.

Last edited by hobbes; 16/04/05 09:07 PM.
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
I had a similar problem recently, i was told to r-click the mIRC icon at the very top left and uncheck the "On Top" option if it is checked.Otherwise i have no clue.

M
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
M
I have this problem from time to time too and, even though
it is not enabled, I have to toggle On Top to correct it.

Last edited by mIRCManiac; 16/04/05 11:44 PM.
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
Do you mean the same thing i mentioned? .... Because im new to XP and i never had it till i started using XP.

M
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
M
Yeah same thing, and I'm also using v6.16 on XP Pro SP2
but it also happened with XP Pro SP1 and with no SP.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Not sure if it will help you, but Nvidia card drivers have a desktop control setting which sets on-top settings for apps as well as other settings for keeping things where you put them. If you have an Nvidia card, you might look at those settings and perhaps disable them. If I remember correctly, the settings are nView settings... I'm not at home, so I can't check to make sure.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
H
hobbes Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
H
Thanks so much guys, I am what you can call an IRC noob I guess, I know the basics but none of the tricks of the trade. My problem is fixed though, and I appreciate it guys, as a reward I sent you all 50 billion dollars in the mail.

Link Copied to Clipboard