mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#117387 15/04/05 04:13 AM
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
I have a dialog with two editboxes that allows a limit of 940 characters. I also have an edit event of on DIALOG that evaluates if there is text in both editboxes, if so it enables a button (not sure if this is related).

When I continuously pasted a large amount of text inside one of the editboxes, I received an error message from Windows saying that my graphic card crashed. It said:

Quote:
The ialmrnt5 display driver has stopped working normally. Save your work and reboot the system to restore full display functionality...

It reverted my 800x600 resolution to 640x480 and my 32 bit colour to 4 bit colour. I could not change these settings back through the properties window. I had to restart the computer to fix the problem. This occurs everytime I do so.

I really want to know the cause of this.

- Relinsquish
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
crappy videocard, or more likely crappy drivers for it, mircs not going to be messing with the card or the driver directly so it well be doing something through window, which is doing something to the card, whcih its ment to be able to do, but the driver crashes, at that point windows defaults you out to a basic 640x480 16 color screen.

Link Copied to Clipboard