mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
N
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
N
i used to download mp3 and movies ,now i cant connect to anything good cant even find top 40 mp3 albums. uninstall ,reinstall doesnt help. tried to clean out mirc in my registry, but it seems hidden as something else. chalk one up to the music and movie industry virus writers. the industries actually just lost a few of my dollars. anyhow does anyone have any easy fixes or ideas [

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
First off, read this.

Secondly, mIRC isn't filtered. mIRC is just a program for connecting to an IRC network. There's nothing in the mIRC program to filter anything that you receive, pertaining to filesharing or anything else. The particular IRC network you connect to could potentially have some kind of server-side filtering, however I'm unaware of any network doing such a thing.

Regardless of filtering and mIRC's intended use, the DCC file protocol is very very poor as a full-scale file transfer protocol, and IRC is a very very poor medium upon which to carry out even the most basic filesharing operations (finding files, etc.). If you want to share files use a better protocol, for everyone's sake.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.

Link Copied to Clipboard