mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
L
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
L
You know its not the dead you have to worry about, its the living. You would be suprised how many real did give a hoot about the pope. He was a great man.

May he RIP

Im Blonde & Im Sticking To It
S
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
S
I agree with everything you just said, nicely done!

-Andy

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Quote:
He was a great man.

I neather aggree or disagree (becuase i dont have the faintest idea.

But lets put that statment to the test.

Please name 5 Great things he did.
(and just "being Pope" doesnt count as one)

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
Quote:

Perhaps Khaled should also run for the papacy? Uniting half the world in meaningful (and quite often meaningless) chat must count as a miracle!

Cheers,

DK

Well actually, Pope John Paul II did manage to get something done. In death, he managed to unite various leaders from all over the world, many were enemies of one another, and they gathered in St. Peters Square to pay their last respects together. I don't know about you all, but I would consider that a miracle in itself since most of the time you can't even get them to meet with one another for discussion on various issues. A small miracle indeed even if it was for just one day...

R.I.P. Pope John Paul II

Dan Kelly, a.k.a. The_Game

C
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
C
dave said:
Quote:
Please name 5 Great things he did.
(and just "being Pope" doesnt count as one)

then the_game had said:
Quote:
Well actually, Pope John Paul II did manage to get something done. In death, he managed to unite various leaders from all over the world, many were enemies of one another, and they gathered in St. Peters Square to pay their last respects together. I don't know about you all, but I would consider that a miracle in itself since most of the time you can't even get them to meet with one another for discussion on various issues. A small miracle indeed even if it was for just one day...

the_game is correct on that.. it might have been after the fact but, that probaly would be #1 for daves list..

and imho, i agree that was a small miracle indeed.

C
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
C
Quote:
- You've gotta be kidding...

well, no i wasn't. if hitler had gone the other way with his ambitions... who knows.. but, still a fact is a fact and he didn't so the rest is history..

on another note here...

has there been any news about a successor yet? or are we still in morning??

M
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
M
Quote:
or are we still in morning??

not morning here in midwest usa anymore, it's now 12:04pm :tongue:

S
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
S
Hehe 18:08 here in England. grin

C
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
C
lol, so my scripting isn't the only thing that needs improving!

S
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
S
Scripting, spelling. Just like me. I need to imrpove them both. :tongue:

L
L
Oh now thats well said. I couldnt agree more with that

L
L
RE :

has there been any news about a successor yet? or are we still in morning

I dont think so, from what I have read there are spilt votes here on whom will take his place. So who knows when they will decide.

I think they only get so long to do this as well.

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Quote:
In death, he managed to unite various leaders from all over the world

What are you saying he should have diea sooner?

ok ill give you a #1 on that but personally i think thats a little lame, he was dead, they payed respects to the position he held not the man (well maybe the man as well i dont know) and as to "unite various leaders" just bringing them into the same room doesnt unite them, I saw this one scene on tv of Prince Charles and President Robert Mugarby sitting next to each other, Charles looked like he wanted to bolt for the door, looked like he was thinking "omg of all the people i could have sat next to"

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
I believe I heard something about a nine day mourning period, before congregating to vote on who the next pope will be. I'm not positive but I think its something along those lines.

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
Quote:

What are you saying he should have diea sooner?

You're not even close. I never said that at all.

Quote:

ok ill give you a #1 on that but personally i think thats a little lame, he was dead, they payed respects to the position he held not the man (well maybe the man as well i dont know)

The pot calling the kettle black...That my friend is pretty cold and lame.

Quote:

and as to "unite various leaders" just bringing them into the same room doesnt unite them

Gets out the trusty dictionary....

[quote]
u·nite
v. u·nit·ed, u·nit·ing, u·nites
v. tr.
To bring together so as to form a whole.
To combine (people) in interest, attitude, or action: “the love that unites humanity” (Germaine Greer).
To join (a couple) in marriage.
To cause to adhere.
To have or demonstrate in combination: She unites common sense with vision.

v. intr.
To become or seem to become joined, formed, or combined into a unit.
To join and act together in a common purpose or endeavor. See Synonyms at join.
To be or become bound together by adhesion

*note: see unification

So what exactly is it then?

L
L
Oh Dave Oh Dave

Well how about a Aussie Pope, will that make any difference to the way you feel ??

You seem to want a answer to things that I see most have tried to tell you already.

Maybe there was a number 6 added to your list. What has he done for us, he lived, he loved and he shone. That should be enough to say the least.

Anyway just for the record lets keep up with the poll on who will be our next cardinal

AS bookmakers double the odds of Australian cardinal George Pell becoming pope, an Italian newspaper has picked "Big George" as one of 18 favourites for next week's papal election.

The Archbishop of Sydney, George Pell, is the portrait of an outsider and the punters looking for a surprise win mustn't disregard this athletic ex-football player, a born fighter on whom John Paul II depended a great deal and who is well regarded by bishops the world over," it said.

?????? or could our next pope be DAVEC

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Quote:
You're not even close. I never said that at all.

hmm someone doesnt know sarcasim.

ok ill give you a #1 on that but personally i think thats a little lame, he was dead, they payed respects to the position he held not the man (well maybe the man as well i dont know)
Quote:
The pot calling the kettle black...That my friend is pretty cold and lame.

I may well have done the same thing, I often follow the formalities of respect, even if i dont think thats how the person themselfs would have lived there live, I have farewelled friends silently and respectfully with theres families, and gone out that nite and got ripped, just as they used to do witrh me, which is the more fitting act of rememberence. And as to cold, maybe I did say "(well maybe the man as well i dont know)" but as to lame, well i could call you being a lame ass for not picking up on the sarcasim, but i wont becuase thats just name calling and and also doesnt prove any points, much like you saying its lame.

Quote:
So what exactly is it then?

They went there to be politically expedents, failing to show the "right" amount of respect would have shown the "wrong" image to other people, who may or maynot get angry and do things to you of varying natures.

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Quote:
Well how about a Aussie Pope, will that make any difference to the way you feel ??

Not and Aussie im from the other side of the ditch.

Do you think I didnt like him? Well I cant say i did or didnt, I called him once to go have a few drinks but his secretary said he was out trying out his new car Pope Mobil (i liked his motorbike better The Popecycle) , and we all know drinking and driving well send ya straight to hell so that day was a bust.

Quote:
?????? or could our next pope be DAVEC

Arent you ment to be Catholic at least, thats not very respectfull to the man whos just died or his position? [*warning* deliberate ignoringing of sarcasim in your quote detected]

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
General note, let's watch the name calling smile

We all know religion, particularly in this case as it involves the death of the Pope, can be a very sensitive issue. Please, be aware of other people's feelings, and realise the Pope was not just some man to a very large amount of people around the globe.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
L
L
Gee Dave you seem to get cut up with no answers that make sense.
Whats the point you saying stuff like that when I feel you are just trying to be known.

Point being the pope is a pope he doesnt have to have qualities that we like or dislike, he was a great man, and hopefully a aussie will get the chance.

By the way you sound your being racist by asking me will it make a difference if his aussie or not.

Well nope Im not racist I have a motto
We are all human no matter what, who or colour we are.
Thats the problem with the world of today.

I hope the next pope is a great understanding man as the one that just passed.

Obviously enough has been said in this thread because answers have become very lame.

Dropped Subject

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard