mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
S
Many of you may know that on Saturday at approximately 19:37 GMT Pope John Paul II died in his private apartment at the Vatican. He was suffering with heart kidney problems.

The news was met with long applause, an Italian sign of respect, followed by several minutes of silence as the crowd took in the news. A BBC news reporter stated everyone stood in groups comforting each other in ST Peters Square.

Below is the popes life as we know it..

[*]1920 - Born near Krakow, Poland grin
[*]1964 - Archbishop of Krakow smile
[*]1978 - Elected first non-Italian Pope for 450 years shocked
[*]1981 - Assassination attempt mad
[*]2002 - Final visit to homeland cool
[*]2005 - Deceased. frown

Could you all please sign your name and/or nickname on the forum as a sign of respect to the late Pope.

Thank you.

All the best,

-Andy.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Russel Bairstow (aka RusselB)

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Dave Carter
I hope the BCC mentioned what the clapping ment!

D
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
D
i bet anyone who signs here didn't give a toss about him before he died. And now that hes dead everyones oh so sad. Funny how that works isn't it?

Anyway, i tip my hat to the dead.

As an interesting side note, in the time its taken me to write this, approx 324 people world wide have died, wheres your bleeding heart for them? (source)

S
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
S
Quote:

i bet anyone who signs here didn't give a toss about him before he died. And now that hes dead everyones oh so sad. Funny how that works isn't it?

Well some on here probably wont actually know what a difference he made to the world, but when someone dies it sincerely is a shame. And I hope that he has gone to a better place where he'll suffer no more. smile

D
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
D
you mean like denouncing the use of condoms to prevent aids. Yup, he made a difference there. Probably caused a few thousands deaths cuz of that one. What a nice fella [Edit: altho to be honest its not entirely his fault, its his f**ked up religion thats the problem there, but don't you think that preventing something that i believe will one day wipe out the human race is more important than saving some sperm going down the toilet instead of dying inside a uterus? Bah, gone totally offtopic, but you know what i mean. Religion in my eyes is evil, so he is the embodiment of all that is evil to me]
(to save making another post: lol @ davec below)

Last edited by Danthemandoo; 04/04/05 04:46 AM.
A
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
A
Austin Hammer (aka: alhammer, HAMM3R)

"God sometimes puts us in the dark for us to see the light"
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Come on man cool down, your going all jehard on him! The infedels well get whats comming to them <grin>

A
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
A
grin I'm not even Catholic. :tongue: I just think he's a cool guy and he deserves alot of respect. I'm sure everyone of any religion would agree with me on that one. By the way Danthemandoo, that was totally rude. Like they say, if you don't have anything nice to say, dont say anything. Although i don't always go by that one :tongue:, I think it applies in this case. Talk trash somewhere else dude. I'd hate to see this turn into a religious debate. That would get pretty nasty.

Last edited by alhammer; 04/04/05 05:07 AM.
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
If you meant the BBC (British Broadcasting Corporation) rather than the BCC, then I'll be pleased to tell you that they did explain the significance of the clapping.

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
yeah typoed the bbc, i could just see the british reportes hyping the situation up, "omg omg i cant beleive it, the Italians are all clapping at the death of the pope, those monsters!"

PS: If Romes not in Itialy, u have to forgive me, i live on the other side of the world, so cant see it to clearly.

A
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
A
Quote:
PS: If Romes not in Itialy, u have to forgive me, i live on the other side of the world, so cant see it to clearly.

:tongue: :tongue: You should have learned that stuff in geography class. You must have been daydreaming a little too much. :tongue:

S
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
S
Old DaveyCrockett was drinking liqour during classes.. Hehe.. wink

A
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
A
That explains so much!! :tongue:

S
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
S
And you didn't know? blush

You need to pay attention in DaveC classes. :tongue:

A
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
A
DOH! I knew I missed something in school. How else could my GPA be so low?? :tongue:

D
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
D
Quote:
Quote:

:tongue: :tongue: You should have learned that stuff in geography class. You must have been daydreaming a little too much. :tongue:

Should I mention that the Vatican is not in Italy? or is that geography snippet too confusing for here?

Cheers,

DK

Darwin_Koala

Junior Brat, In-no-cent(r)(tm) and original source of DK-itis!
S
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
S
Actually, the Vatican IS in Italy, in the heart of Rome itself.

http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/vt.html

W
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
W
Dumitru Marian (aka Weapon)

Rest in peace, Pope John Paul II crazy

Software is like sex : it's better when it's free : LINUX
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Geographically The Vatican is located in Italy, however, it is not considered to be part of Italy.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard