mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#116037 01/04/05 01:01 PM
D
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
D
when my computer clock changes for summer time or winter time (adjusts one hour back or forward), $time in mIRC is not synchronized with the system clock before I reboot the computer.
For example when my system clock shows 15:00, mIRC shows 14:00

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Are you using the latest version of mIRC? There was a bug in older versions, but for everyone I've seen report DST problems, they're reporting a bug for an old version they should have upgraded from!

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
Confirmed here.
mIRC 6.16 os W2k pro.

Manual system time change will take effect immediately.
But when windows changed time then it required restarting mIRC to see correct time. frown

echo -a $signature
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Odd, while daylight saving time ended last month for me (or started i never know which is the real one), I did notice mirc was showing the same tme as the window clock, but theni must admit I didnt see it actually adjust as the time went over.

I could see a reason mirc would keep its clock out of sync untill a restart, there maybe timer even issues, and also activity issues, and maybe logging ones, that were decided that it would be better to just side step by not adjusting time when the system did it, and only do it when user does it, of course you must take an initial time sample at some time so u do it when u start. (just an opion of course)

Y
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
Y
That's odd.....I have an issue with it showing the time as exactly 30 minutes, not 1 hour, behind (after DST kicked in). Yes, I'm using the latest version, so my guess is it's a bug :-/

Babel fish
Babel fish
My DST just kicked in and I have version 6.16 and 6.14 both are showing the same time which is an hour before my windows clock says (we sprung ahead this morning). They were both running at the time of the change of course.

There were also a couple other 6.16s running on another server which are still reporting the time as an hour before the windows clock. They also reported every single script having changed too so about 50 pop-ups asking if I would like to reload this file from disk saying they have all changed.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Weird...I have version 6.16 for my own client and for my bot, which has a number of time based instructions on it, and everything went right on schedule. Knowing in advance that the time change takes place at 2 am (Standard Time (ST)) becoming 3 am (Daylight Savings Time (DST)) none of the time based instructions are scheduled to run in that time period (ie: between 2 am & 3 am)

Babel fish
Babel fish
I suppose I should have included my operating sysem too. On the system that had both 6.16 and 6.14 running the OS is Win2K pro. The other system that had 6.16s running was Win2K server.

Link Copied to Clipboard