mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
L
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
L
I know this has to do with your parser, and I know it has been posted about many times before.

//echo -a $str($chr(32),100) blah
Please make this work, otherwise $chr(160) or $chr(32) $+ BOLDBOLD has to be used, and neither is a very good solution, because 160 is not even a space, and the BOLDBOLD successfully lets multiple spaces be echoed but when echoing a lot of them it can lag an mIRC process greatly.

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
I doubt it could be added to echo'ing without the language being changed so that it could be used anywhere. If you only want to use it for echo'ing anyway does it really matter whether ASCII 160 is a 'true' space or not? If it does, perhaps you could try using space + ASCII 15 (Ctrl+O) instead. Seeing as that character is used for ending control code formatting it's possible that it puts a lower strain on mIRC. I haven't tested that idea though, so it could be completely wrong.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
L
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
L
its a great idea, but it ends any previous control codes, BOLDBOLD or COLORCOLOR or UNDERLINEUNDERLINE, will not close anything, just make a space, 160 doesn't work because NICK$chr(160) wont show a hand for the nicklist-popup in a channel echo... only NICK$chr(32) does..

H
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
H
NICK$chr(160) won't work, but NICK $str($chr(160),5) will work just fine. The problem is with multiple spaces not with a single space.

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Good point.

If mIRC recognizing keywords in text is the only problem with the non-breaking space method, isn't it possible for you to just surround words with spaces and use non-breaking space everywhere else?
Eg. $+($str($chr(160),10),$chr(32),NICK,$chr(32),$str($chr(160),10))

I
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
I
And there are many non US versions of Windows, in which code160 is not a non-breaking space, but a block, or a lead-byte (and hence ,drawn as a block) And it does get annoying at times when you see little squares between words when scripts are avoiding spaces.

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
True, but in lordares' case he only wanted it for echo'ing so it probably wouldn't bother other users.

Obviously that doesn't help someone who uses a non-english font and wants to echo stuff, but I doubt that mIRC will be able to handle consecutive spaces for quite some time yet (if ever), there's not really much that can be done about that - at least not by me.

Link Copied to Clipboard