mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
T
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
T
When you manually edit mirc.ini mIRC will just remove all changes, but if you $compress() the file then many of your options will mess up as mIRC doesn't remove some of the compressed data from the top of the file.
Some of my options were left intact, but most font and size options were lost (Font in status/channel/query/script editor wasn't the normal font, script editor size wasn't the normal size).

I realise you shouldn't use $compress on mirc.ini but since mIRC automatically fixes the ini file if you edit it i'd expect mIRC to fix it when you $compress the file as well.

It was compressed with the l6 parameter in case anyone wants to try and reproduce this.

New username: hixxy
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
I cant remeber were i read it, but im sure somewhere in the help it says, that not all of the ini is rewritten (I might be well wrong), But its mirc writting values to the INI that makes it appear its repeaired isnt it, there isnt any actual repair routine.

T
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
T
Quote:
But its mirc writting values to the INI that makes it appear its repeaired isnt it, there isnt any actual repair routine.

I'd imagine that the same would apply for /writeini if that was true, but /writeini just leaves the compressed data at the top too.

New username: hixxy
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
oh i see what you mean, once its been compressed, any mirc.ini writes by mirc should just appear below it, must admit i hadnt tried compressing a file, so hadnt looked at what the result is.

Would seem odd.

<grin> The question begs to be asked of course, why you compressing the mirc.ini file anyway smile

Link Copied to Clipboard