Print Thread
D
DaveC Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
D
/help
The -m switch indicates that the line should be treated as a user message, not an event.

OK for the life of me I cant find any difference if i put this on or off, either in and event or out of one. So what does it do?

PS: and nobody just be saying "it treats the text as a user message, not an event" or you be getting the trout sent to u by a big hairy guy with broard arms.

Z
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Z
User message like a notice, query, channel text and so on. It's useful when you change your mIRC layout (from <nick> to [nick], for example). I think it also has something to do with mIRC highlighting system (switch -l), when you choose "message".

Not putting the -m is useful when it's, for example, some kind of listing, counting or whatever. Ex: echo -s Listing banned nicks..

Hope I don't get that trout smile
Zyzzyx.

"All we are saying is give peace a chance" -- John Lennon
D
DaveC Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
D
oh ok so u think it migth deactivate or activate the highlighting system in some way, ill have a look to see what the effect is, most likely i didnt see any difference due to lack of highlight settings.

Thanks and no you dont get the trout smile

Its just that I have someone elses script here and its got a pile with them and a pile with out them (-m) and I couldnt really see any differnece, they almost seemed to added randomly, almost being the problem, there is some methodology to it, but i cant work it out frown

Last edited by DaveC; 19/03/05 12:21 AM.
Q
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Q
-m only affects the switchbar button colour, more specifically /echo blah paints it with the "Event" colour while /echo -m blah paints it with the "Message" colour (as set in Options - Display).

/.timerQ 1 0 echo /.timerQ 1 0 $timer(Q).com

Link Copied to Clipboard