mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
T
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
T
I use an IRC proxy. It asks for a password, the login command is /quote pass [password]. I always have to type this to the status window manually, because "Perform on connect" doesn't work. Reason: mIRC isn't connected before having entered the password...

How can I force mIRC to put the /quote pass [password] command to the status window right after the program start, for example by the /play command? Are there any command line options, or can I force "Perform" to run *before* connect?

Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
The answer is in the question, mIRC cant perform the action if its not connected. Right?

T
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
T
This was my question, and there is no answer in it: "How can I force mIRC to put the /quote pass [password] command to the status window right after the program start, for example by the /play command? Are there any command line options, or can I force "Perform" to run *before* connect?"

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
The ON START event triggers when mIRC starts, however, I don't think that command would work at that stage. See /help ON START.

You might try the ON LOGON event and see if that helps, not sure precisely when it triggers. /help ON LOGON

If you receive any server notices before having to use the /quote command, you might try the ON SNOTICE event. /help ON SNOTICE.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
T
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
T
Quote:
If you receive any server notices before having to use the /quote command, you might try the ON SNOTICE event. /help ON SNOTICE.

That's it, thank you. When logging in, my shell account prints "Got your hostname" to the status window. After that I had to enter my password. I put the line "on 1:SNOTICE:*Got your hostname*:/quote pass ********" in the remote section, and it works fine. :-)

Link Copied to Clipboard