mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#113498 05/03/05 06:02 PM
W
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
W
I have been having problems with a message saying Unable to resolve server when trying to connect to a server. Any suggestions? I am thinking possibly the firewall? Any help would be great. Thanks.

Frustrated/Amanda

S
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
S

The network/server is having DNS issues. Or your DNS servers are broke.

A
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
A
lol. This may be a silly question, but are you sure you had an internet connection while trying to connect to the irc server? I'm not saying your stupid, infact, im on dialup and I have been guilty of that many times. :tongue: Try connecting to another server. Or, try connecting to that server using a different irc chat client, just to test. Obiously, when you fix it, go back to mIRC (cause it's the best grin) However, it may be your firewall. Most will alert you asking premision to allow mIRC to connect. Obiously, if you saw that yould would have clicked allow, but check in your firewall's program list to see what it has there. I use ZoneAlarm, and to check, go into the programs list, find mIRC, and make sure there is a ? mark or a green check by it. If there is a red "not" sign (lol, i dunno whats that thing is called) then that's your problem. Many firewalls are the same. Good luck!

Last edited by alhammer; 06/03/05 05:47 AM.

"God sometimes puts us in the dark for us to see the light"

Link Copied to Clipboard