Page 1 of 2 1 2
#11198 15/02/03 08:00 AM
D
deepcut Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
D
What I wanted is a dll that calls an exe and waits for it to terminate, effectively making mirc able to call any exe and wait for it in the same way it does for a dll.
I'll be equally greatful to anybody who tells me that this is already possible in some manner.
My knowledge of C++ doesnt stretch far enough for me to even know whether this is possilbe, let alone attempt it myself.
Perhaps somebody can inform me of the possibility of this, or demonstrate its simplicity by producing it for me within a few minutes of work ;\

Q
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Q
You don't even need a dll for that, a COM object can do the job. Check out this very nice snippet.

/.timerQ 1 0 echo /.timerQ 1 0 $timer(Q).com
D
deepcut Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
D
very nice, thanks for the help

M
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
M
this is how I did it, obviously ppl here have little C under their belt.

int PASCAL EXPORT calibrate(HWND mWnd,
HWND aWnd,
char *data,
char *parms,
BOOL print,
BOOL nopause)
{
WinExec("control joy.cpl", SW_NORMAL);
// ShellExecute(HWND,unsigned short *,unsigned short *,unsigned short *,unsigned short *,unsigned short *,int);
// also CreateProcess() all I can say is, good thing WinExec() still works.
return 1;
}

V
vcv Offline
Babel fish
Babel fish
V
Quote:
this is how I did it, obviously ppl here have little C under their belt.
What exactly is that supposed to mean..?

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
He means "I'm an egotistical asswipe and better than you all!".

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
WinExec is a deprecated function that should NOT be used. It exists only for compatibility with old 16bit applications.

H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
codemastr: When it's already obvious that he cannot read (things such as documentation), how can you possibly expect anything more rational? Do you want to explain "deprecated" to him? wink

DALnet: #HelpDesk and #m[color:#FF0000]IR[color:#EEEE00]C
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Lol, good point wink

A
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
A
I have no C under my belt. I'm not l33t

Bluesock - Better than a redhat.
http://www.bluesock.com
H
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
H
deprecated

adj. Said of a program or feature that is considered obsolescent and in the process of being phased out, usually in favor of a specified replacement. Deprecated features can, unfortunately, linger on for many years. This term appears with distressing frequency in standards documents when the committees writing the documents realize that large amounts of extant (and presumably happily working) code depend on the feature(s) that have passed out of favor.

Source: Jargon File 4.2.0

C
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
C
Oh, damn, i justr posted something similar in feature requests.

Anyone feel like posting a snippet to capture output from console applications?

I can do it with mIRC script but its messy messy messy

#11210 22/02/03 11:32 AM
M
M
[~~Idiocy Detection Alert!~~]

Last edited by Hammer; 23/02/03 06:01 AM.
T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
You know youre witty insults wont get you anywhere...its totally uncalled for and you obviously are showing a real lack of intelligence...im pretty sure alot of people would agree...but i got one question to ask? Are you a dumbass? Talking down a moderator who has probably more brains than you could ever hope for. I got a simple reply for ya ...

Keep thy religion to thyself!

Also i see that you actually took the time to look it up....and probably study it to further understand what the hell the translation is....heres a simple translation

Who cares? I sure as hell dont. Let it go....

M
M
[~~Idiocy Detection Alert~~]

Last edited by Hammer; 23/02/03 06:01 AM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Well we are a nice chappy now arn't we. Shame your daddy isn't watching what you write you silly child - with a bit of luck he'll find out and smack your bum for being so disrespectful.

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
If you don't have anything intelligent to say, why not just go away and leave these forums for people who do? We're all obviously not at your level (thank God!) - so run along and find some l337 types. I'm sure they'll appreciate your 'intelligence'. Bye now.

Never compare yourself to others - they're more screwed up than you think.
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
'Dickface', 'dorkface', 'ugly SOB'. No really, are you 12? I find it strange that you would try and make fun of someone's grammar while you yourself apparently don't know how full stops or capital letters work.

No doubt I'll get some witty reply, might I recommend you continue your theme and call me 'duckface'. We'd all be real impressed by that.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
uve posted 1 questions here and the rest of ur posts have been nothing but insults ....... ill be adding u to the list of ppl i wouldnt pisson to put a fire out ty for ur useless waste of the alphabet

D3m0nnet.com
T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
*puts on a smile to type his reply*

Oh wow a spelling mistake...holy [censored] you are a genius. Somebody get this genius a nobel prize! No seriously I gotta ask

Did you think of that comeback all by yourself or did you have to look that up too?

As you may know starbucks_mafia pointed out that you are obviously someone with a low calibur of intelligence. And by those witty remarks, (wait what were they again? Oh right Dickface, Dorkface, and what? Oh Ugly S.O.B). Sounds like something a 10 year old would say...

Oh and this is me being nice...If I wanted to be a dick about it I would but unlike you, I do not have to resort to a third grade level. So with that being said, have a pleasant day and find a life. laugh

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard