mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#111771 19/02/05 12:29 AM
T
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
T
Okay well, I posted here in the past but now can't find the original post.

We have a fairly quiet channel and at times, I'd like to have an onjoin script (yeah I know they're lame), but I'd like a script that welcomes folk if we're not paying attention. I would like it to be a notice for that individual person, and not seen for everyone and I don't want a msg. script. (some folk seem to have problems with messages. )

Some helpful people here offered up a script like this:

On !*:Join:#blankedout: {

notice $$1 Welcome Hugs to you! We may currently be unavailable to speak with you. Even if no one is around, someone will be; Stay a while, make yourself at home. We do this together! We invite you to join us at our NA discussion/message board on: blanked out Note: NA Meetings Here Sundays and Mondays at 9 pm EST * We Do Recover!
}

Originally it was a message, but what I'm looking for is notice. Notice I inserted notice where msg. would be but that doesn't work. Please, I could use some help here.

Thanks in advance,

Me

#111772 19/02/05 12:31 AM
M
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
M
on !*:JOIN:#blankedout: {
notice $nick Welcome Hugs to you! We may currently be unavailable to speak with you. Even if no one is around, someone will be; Stay a while, make yourself at home. We do this together! We invite you to join us at our NA discussion/message board on: blanked out Note: NA Meetings Here Sundays and Mondays at 9 pm EST * We Do Recover!
}

#111773 19/02/05 12:42 AM
T
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
T
FIXED!!

Y'all are the absolute BEST!!

Thank you thank you and thank you again!

#111774 19/02/05 01:18 AM
R
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
R
thats alot of text
might want to put a flood prot on it
on !*:join:#channel:{
if (%flood != on) {
notice $nick blah blah blah
/set -u10 %flood on
}
}

Last edited by ricky_knuckles; 19/02/05 01:20 AM.

The Kodokan will move you, one way or another.

Link Copied to Clipboard