Print Thread
#11157 15/02/03 03:22 AM
G
guest Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
G
Do you always ban someone from your Forum when they raise a valid issue?
with you quoting on this forum your views about warez and buying software then have on your own site a script available that contains a copt of mirc within the distribution witch is ouitside the mirc licence as well as not distributing the all files that are in the Mirc package.

#11158 15/02/03 01:00 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Since when is being banned from another forum an issue here? You got banned for being a bloody big pain in the khyber and I don't feel that I have to justify that to anyone, thankyou for your attention.

#11159 16/02/03 12:01 AM
G
guest Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
G
A total of one post relates to being a bloody big pain, seems you have a short fuse then considering this what was posted.
A small exract from the mirc licence which you accept to install mirc,
mIRC may only be distributed as the original distribution install file as distributed by mIRC Co. Ltd. The mIRC distribution install file may not be distributed as a part of any package, and may not have files added to it or removed from it, and none of its contents may be modified, decompiled, or reverse engineered.
Seems the distribution of the watchdog script breaks this agreement.

#11160 16/02/03 12:12 AM
_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
ok not to butt into this but if u read that license agreement clearly u will notice that it says the MIRC installion program cannot be redistributed with any changes ....... that in no way covers anyones personal script being redistributed ........ and id also like to say before u go off chastising ppl about the english language maybe u should learn alil urself and read things for what they are ...... and not for what u want them to be

D3m0nnet.com
#11161 16/02/03 12:17 AM
T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
I am sorry for butting in as well but Demon makes a valid point and I would have to agree. But following someone around to make yourself look kinda dumb is really not necessary. If you do not like watchdogs script then you do not have to use it at all. Which by the way isnt a bad script at all. Besides if you have something to say to Watchdog in general then say something to him via this websites PM (Although i doubt you will get an answer) and or email. Again sorry fellas for butting in but i felt i had to say something.

#11162 16/02/03 02:22 AM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A total of one post relates to being a bloody big pain, seems you have a short fuse then considering this what was posted.

I have a short fuse for muckrakers. If that bothers you then hit ALT-F4 and never come back. laugh

#11163 16/02/03 02:41 AM
N
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
N
mIRC may only be distributed as the original distribution install file as distributed by mIRC Co. Ltd. The mIRC distribution install file may not be distributed as a part of any package, and may not have files added to it or removed from it, and none of its contents may be modified, decompiled, or reverse engineered.
If you read clearly
mIRC may only be distributed as the original distribution install file as distributed by mIRC Co. Ltd.

#11164 16/02/03 02:51 AM
_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
kewl so sue me and almost everyone posting anything to this board as they are violating mirc law ....... anyhow really is this a debate about legallity or a debate about a personal vendetta towards someone i lost track ......

but technically if u read that slowly and carefully IT SAYS mircs install file cannot be altered ...... as mircs install file is the trademark in question ...... according to that wording.....
but hey lets ask a lawyer for a correct definition ....... as im not a lawyer i only play one in the mirc forums

also just so we are clear

The mIRC distribution install file may not be distributed as a part of any package, and may not have files added to it or removed from it, and none of its contents may be modified, decompiled, or reverse engineered

this part covers anyone altering the install file itself

mIRC may only be distributed as the original distribution install file as distributed by mIRC Co. Ltd.

ok that part means that if u intend on distributing MIRC , not watchdogs mirc script, but Mirc it can only be distributed as the install file as created by mirc.com blah blah blah .......

no where does it say u cannot alter ur mrc make it a script and then distrubute that ........ if it did their would be licensing on being able to alter any contents of mirc after it was installed .......... but if khaled tells me im wrong then hey so be it ......... again lets ask a lawyer on this one

D3m0nnet.com
#11165 16/02/03 03:00 AM
N
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
N
Quote:

ok that part means that if u intend on distributing MIRC , not watchdogs mirc script, but Mirc it can only be distributed as the install file as created by mirc.com blah blah blah .......

If Watchdogs script download package contains mirc.exe and not mirc603.exe (the original install file), as the other poster implies, then it is in breach of the agreement.

#11166 16/02/03 03:05 AM
_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
again hes not distributing mirc but his own modification of it ........ entitled whatever he has named it ....... how is that a breach and if that is infact a breach then im sure there are hundreds of them ..... like PNP polaris why isnt khaled going after these ppl??? ill answer that for ya ....... khaled doesnt constitute that as a breach therefore neither should we

D3m0nnet.com
#11167 16/02/03 03:08 AM
T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
If you plan on sending mIRC to a friend you would send them the original installer that you received, You simply cant add nothing to that installer. Which makes sense to me but why does it have anything to do with someones script? I think Demon was trying to say that.

Now downloading a script from someone thats a whole different story. Because that is using the mIRC program but its no way of altering the installer at all. Its just a matter of plain old cosmetics by making the script have a different look or function to it.

Its plainly stating that it is a no-no by altering the installer itself because by doing so you are not complying with what mIRC CO. Ltd intended that installer to do in the first place. I think that by saying that if you wanna pass it along dont [Bleep] with the installer because it may or may not work.

Sounds clear to me. But if i am wrong in any way then well the fifth ammendment says i dont have to say anything more.

#11168 16/02/03 03:08 AM
_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
ok i couldnt help myself but the mirc instal file contains mirc603 now so again ur getting ur idealism from somewhere off in nevernever land could u bring ur head out of the clouds please and follow the discussion?

D3m0nnet.com
#11169 16/02/03 03:14 AM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
*Watchdog blushes...

I didn't think I was this famous hehe

#11170 16/02/03 03:14 AM
N
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
N
If it is a modified mirc.exe then it even MORE wrong to distribute it.

I cannot say about Polvirus, but P&P does NOT contain mirc.exe.

#11171 16/02/03 03:23 AM
_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
ok secondly mirc.com installer is now called mirc603.exe or something similar like that ..... now with that said ...... who cares if it does or doesnt they were just exaples off the top of my head and really its a mute point to say ok this one does and this one does the fact is they are out there khaled knows they are out there and ur tryin to debate with me whether its legal or not ........ fact of the matter is WHO CARES ...... obviously he doesnt so why are u in such an uproar to be pointing fingers at one person who does his part to help here for punishment for his crime let alone we wont even go into whether or not u urself have broken this law u feel is so sacred ...... either its all stupid bottom line is this IT IS BEING DONE by many ppl and not just lil downloaded scripts like watchdogs but by mass downloaded ones such as (/me erases PNP so he doesnt get corrected yet again ..) polaris and many many others ....... hell almost every server has thier own lil version of mirc to download ..... they might only edit the servers inin but guess what its still edited and i dont see khaled going after them do u????

D3m0nnet.com
#11172 16/02/03 03:28 AM
N
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
N
I didn't point any fingers at anyone, nor am I in an uproar. laugh

#11173 16/02/03 03:58 AM
V
vcv Offline
Babel fish
Babel fish
V
You may not distribute the mIRC installer or the mIRC product itself (mirc.exe) with your products (your script, or whatever it may be), it's that simple. There is no debating it, there is no trying to get around it with technicalities.

It is illegal to include mirc.exe in your script, but I doubt Khaled would enforce it if you did this for your own personal script that you only gave to friends.

#11174 16/02/03 04:08 AM
_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
doubt??? i know he isnt cause its being done on atleast 15 networks ....... so whats 300 or so friends right???

D3m0nnet.com
#11175 16/02/03 11:36 AM
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Whether Khaled enforces it or not, there's still the fact that it's illegal. Whether you care about legalities or not, it's still generally frowned upon to include mirc.exe in your script distribution. If nothing else, why add a 1.7mb file to your download when there's a 90% chance that the downloadee already has that file. Can you imagine how annoying it would be if every script included mirc.exe and forced you to download the same file over and over again? It wouldn't be particularly pleasant.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
#11176 16/02/03 05:22 PM
_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
true and good point but the reason i include it in my script for my friends is because most of them have trouble reading a instructions and ive actually had to make phone calls and such just to get them thru making the appropriate changes to be made in thier settings ....... if i go and make most of them add my scripts to it and then simply tell them ok type ur nick into the box that says nick click connect and there u go ....... it just makes my life so much easier

D3m0nnet.com

Link Copied to Clipboard