mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
F
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
F
I'm trying to take whatever action on a user as they connect to the Network. I'm trying to get them at the server notice level (snotice) but I'm having a problem trying to do this via their I.P. only.

Do I have to remove the hostmask in the script, first? (with something like this? $remove($mask($7,2),*!

The I.P. isin (using that too) the server notice itself without the mask, but I cannot seem to be able to get the right combination.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated. Thanks much.

D
Babel fish
Babel fish
D
i dont quite understand what you are trying to say here, care to post examples of what you are trying to do?

F
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
F
Sorry, but I've been away a while and don't even know (but am hoping) that someone will see this.

It's simple really. I'm just trying to take action (shun, kline, gline, etc) on someone as they join the Network, and I'm trying to do it at the server notice level (working with snotice). The only problem is, I am trying to do it via their I.P. , (to make sure I get the right person only) and not the nick or hostmask. I've been trying $address, but I think I just have the whole execution of the snotice script wrong, in trying to single out the I.P. from the snotice area. I hope that helps describe what I'm trying to do. (shun, gline a specific user via the I.P. through snotice)

Any help is greatly appreciated smile

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Hi filedump, I hope I understood sufficiently. You want to gline/kline/shun or other action when someone connects to a server but by matching their IP?

Make a file in your mIRC directory called ips.txt, this is where you keep all the IP's you want banned upon joining.

If the IP of the person that joins happens to be in ips.txt it will perform whatever you decide to put in where I have put commands here in blue.
Code:
On ^*:Snotice:*:  {
  if (client connecting isin $1-) {
    .enable #secure
    whois $9
  }
}

#secure off
Raw 328:*: {
  if ($read(ips.txt,w,$+(*,$7,*))) { 
    [color:blue]commands here[/color]
  }
  .disable #secure
}
#secure end

Hope this works, let me know if it does or doesn't. Good luck. smile

F
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
F
Thanks a ton for such a quick reply, considering how deeply buried this thread is getting! cool

I have plenty of snotice's scripts (connecting, exiting, op, whois, etc, you get the idea) just wasn't able to get my brain to do what I was describing above, not even using regex.

I will try that as soon as I can and let you know how it went for me. I just wanted to post a 'thanks' as fast as I got a response.

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
You're welcome. smile

Link Copied to Clipboard