Print Thread
M
MDA Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
M
Greetings and best wishes,

I used to have a routine which permited me to automatically join multiple servers and channels on multiple servers. That routine sadly is missing and my searches for those threads here have also turned up nothing.

Could you folks post some routines often used for a script to automatically join multiple servers and channels on multiple servers?

Thanks,
MDA

R
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
R
/help /server

The Kodokan will move you, one way or another.
M
MDA Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
M
The /server command disconnects you from the active server, that's really rude to post that.

I was simply asking for more routines based upon this type of snippit.

on *:start:{
server 207.44.203.187 -j #squatjuice,#lean
server -m irc.extremeirc.org -j #extremeteam
}

/server -m irc.server.com

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Quote:
The /server command disconnects you from the active server, that's really rude to post that.

I was simply asking for more routines based upon this type of snippit.

}

/server -m irc.server.com [/quote]

The /server command does not disconnect you from the active server, it may do based apon what settings you pass it. so /HELP /Server was exactly the help you needed.

I find it amazing you said it was the wrong command then proceeded to show a script that used the command for exactly what you said it doesnt do.

G
Babel fish
Babel fish
G
Code:

}

Maybe i'm slow.... but whats wrong with this code here? Seems like it would do just what you wanted it to do... mulit channel and multi server...

- Andrew Berquist, Windfyre Network
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
who are you asking that question too ?

G
Babel fish
Babel fish
G
the poster.

- Andrew Berquist, Windfyre Network
M
MDA Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
M
Quote, 'The /server command does not disconnect you from the active server, it may do based apon what settings you pass it. so /HELP /Server was exactly the help you needed.'

If you type in /Server in a active window by itself as posted it immediately disconnects you from any server you are currently on.

if you type in /Help in a active window that of course pulls up the help menu but doesn't supply anything useful regarding the Server command which is what was asked here.

/Help /Server is worthless in regards to actually supplying the answer and solution to my question. The mIRC help file was checked prior to the post ever being placed here.

It appears the rather tiny snippit that I had and posted was all that anyone has here to offer, again its unfortunate the multiple server join routine we previously had is lost.

MDA

I
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I
Quote:
It appears the rather tiny snippit that I had and posted was all that anyone has here to offer, again its unfortunate the multiple server join routine we previously had is lost.

Perhaps if you explained what it is that is "lost" someone may be able to help you.

Quote:
Code:
}
This does connect to multiple servers and joins multiple channels (on the first connection anyway).

M
MDA Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
M
Greetings Iori,

Fair enough, we have 8 to 9 different servers and a single channel on each to join. We want to join one at a time, then cycle thru to the next. Some obviously are faster connects than others, however we don't want to flood ourselves out trying to join them all at the same time or simultanously overlap them in progress.

Thanks for your help,
MDA

G
Babel fish
Babel fish
G
Why not use the Perform in options? That is what I use...

I
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I
"A single channel on each" I'm assuming it is the same channel on each server.
Make a servers.txt file containing the names of the servers you want to connect to.
Code:
  if $read(servers.txt,1) {
    server $v1 -j #channel
    set %server.counter 2
  }
}
on *:connect:{
  if %server.counter <= $lines(servers.txt) {
    if $read(servers.txt,%server.counter) {
      .timerserver 1 [color:blue]30[/color] server -m $v1 -j #channel
      inc %server.counter
    }
  }
}

This gives 30 seconds from when you connect till the next connection starts. You can adjust the time interval by changing the 30

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Quote:
Quote, [DaveC] 'The /server command does not disconnect you from the active server, it may do based apon what settings you pass it. so /HELP /Server was exactly the help you needed.'

If you type in /Server in a active window by itself as posted it immediately disconnects you from any server you are currently on.

Well I assume you didnt read to carefully since u ignored or didnt see the bit i have bolded up for you now.

Quote:
if you type in /Help in a active window that of course pulls up the help menu but doesn't supply anything useful regarding the Server command which is what was asked here.

No one told you to type /help on its own.

Quote:
/Help /Server is worthless in regards to actually supplying the answer and solution to my question. The mIRC help file was checked prior to the post ever being placed here.

alias geton {
server blah balh blah
server -m other blah blah blah
server -m another blah blah blah
server -m one more blah blah blah
}
* Lori has helped you with your now defined need of a delayed action server and channel join, which i dont show here since you didnt ask for it tell later

Strange i would see this as being the only command you would have needed to look up /help /server now go down and see how to connect to multiple serves with it.

Quote:

Well U just blew your point, since that snipit uses the /server command.

M
MDA Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
M
Thanks Iori,

I'll give that a try, the code looks good and that routine should function fine.

Regards,
MDA

T
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
T
Hi,

I searched and found this thread was as close as I could get to what I want to do. I am new to all this IRC stuff so go easy on me please smile

What I am wanting to do is join (2) severs: Quakenet and Gamesurge
and (2) channels on each server when I first start mirc.

I have the latest versions smile

Thank in advance for your help.

Link Copied to Clipboard