mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
U
Ucal Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
U
Sorry, but just trying to help the war effort..even if you don't donate could you please help spread the site, it would be greatly appreciated.
-edit-

many thanks

Last edited by Mentality; 08/02/05 08:44 AM.
S
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
S
I'm pretty sure it's illegal to fund-raise in the fashion you are doing.

There is no permit number on your website, no contact name, no contact address, an anonymous email address.

This looks like a scam.

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
I dont live in the "US of A" so dont know anything about what your on about, but i really cant believe that America needs to fund raise for its soilders. What they running short of ammo?

PS: this isnt a political statment of any direction, i just found it bizzare to think that they needed funds raised for them.

D
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
D
they don't, thats what the $80 billion bush wants for 2005 is for. its a scam and i've reported it to homestead to get it closed down as soon as possible.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Your government has spent over 150 billion dollars on the war in Iraq, so why don't you just ask your government?

I'm sure spending a couple of hundred thousands dollar for the well-being of their soldiers will be nothing, considering they spend so much money on this useless war.

Btw, I didn't know Americans were obliged to join the military, isn't it their own choice? If you don't want to fight as a soldier in a war, then don't become one, it's as simple as that. (this does not apply to countries where being in the military is compulsory of course)

To conclude, that page looks too fake to be true, so this is more than likely nothing more than a scam.

Gone.
L
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
L
If I remember right (which I probably don't), there has only been one draft where the government was forcing certain people into the army in the U.S.

Last edited by LostServ; 08/02/05 07:40 AM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I think I would plead insanity if I would be forced to be in the military. The thought alone of being forced to kill other people sickens me.

Gone.
L
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
L
I'm with you on that

U
Ucal Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
U
It's not a scam, and you can go under contacts to view the e-mail address..

Sorry to bother you if you're taking it this way, but my brother is over in Iraq and the money will not go to ammo and such, because 1,000 isnt enough, but to things they need most. Baby wipes, cards, calling cards, etc. and then half of the money will go to the red cross.

Last edited by Ucal; 08/02/05 12:11 PM.
S
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
S
Quote:
It's not a scam, and you can go under contacts to view the e-mail address..

regardless of whether it's legit or not, its still not the way to go about fund-raising. If you are indeed collecting on behalf of red-cross they would give you an official ID.

Your site contains absolutely no info validating who you really are. and the email address was a hotmail one which is a freebie email account that anyone can open without any ID verification, hence anonymous.

For all we know, you could be collecting money for bin laden. All we have is your word that you aren't.

EDIT: now that I've look at your website one more time, I can say SCAM with a capital S. You are mis-representing what you are really fundraising for, as baby wipes weren't included in the "constant need for supplies" listed on your website. Ammo was, and I honestly doubt you are even collecting for anyone but yourself.

Shame on you!

Quote:

There are currently over 389,000 soldiers in Iraq at this very moment. They have been protecting and fighting for our safety since 2003. Soldiers are in constant need of supplies such as food, clean water, ammunition, clothing, weaponry, and many other items. All of these items cost money. Our mission is to raise money which will help the soldiers who currently serve over seas. We are asking for a small donation of $1.00 or more to help us reach our goal

Last edited by Splatted; 08/02/05 02:25 PM.
Y
Yad Offline
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Y
Quote:
Baby wipes, cards, calling cards, etc. and then half of the money will go to the red cross.

We really are so screwed if we are sending babies to the front.

Link Copied to Clipboard