#110431 07/02/05 05:46 AM
D
Debug Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
D
Hi,

mIRC is near to complete 10 years of a great work and wonderful features. And I was thinking here if Khaled could make a "mIRC icon contest", something like this.

This would be very nice, ppl making icons with theme "mIRC 10 years" and Khaled/Tjerk and the Staff choose the best and put into new mIRC.

What do you guys think about this? wink

Last edited by Debug; 07/02/05 05:48 AM.
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
While I think this is a great idea, my only reservation about it is that the current mIRC icon has become an symbol known around the world, not unlike the globe used by ATT or the 'H' used by Honda, or the shape of a coke bottle. It might be fun to have this contest, and have the new icon as an avaliable alternate icon for mIRC but I would never want to see the symbol of this great software retired.

Just my 2 cents smile

Help others! It makes the world a better place, Makes you feel good, and makes you Healthy!
L
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
L
I agree with HorseC on this, if it were to become the new icon for mirc it would make it less of what mIRC is, great software, no fancy mumbo jumbo.

D
Debug Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
D
Great idea.

"mIRC alternate icon contest"

R
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
R
I believe someone made a really super mIRC icon a few weeks ago that still resembles the old icon a whole lot. Let me see if I can find it... Yeah! https://forums.mirc.com/s...true#Post112237

Perhaps if keeping with the tradition of the old logo was made a guideline of the contest, it could be really fun!

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Since the current icon isn't the first one there'd not be much sentimental value in keeping it, though I have to admit that I like the current one for the reasons you outlined. It's neat and tidy and people recognise it quite readily.

Link Copied to Clipboard