Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
X
xMIRCd Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
X
Awgh, crap. You are way ahead of me in scripting and usefulness!

V
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
V
Why would you do that ?

i don't see any point of making an IRCD in mIRC Script, so why are doing it ??

L
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
L
I can think of a few reasons why someone would:
Better their scripting abilities
The thought of writing a 'irc server' could make you feel good about yourself in some weird way
Writing a IRCd and having what you want in it, nothing more nothing less

Last edited by LostServ; 08/02/05 04:43 AM.
M
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
M
basicer is far ahead of me as well.. I haven't worked on it much since i started.. I don't think I want to bother anyways... I like Unreal.. It would be hard to get all of its features .. well .. it would take a long time.

Check out http://kalsiddon.com for games, videos & more! Good for when your bored in work or school!
G
Babel fish
Babel fish
G
Sounds like an intresting project. A friend of mine created his bot with sockets, it sort of had its own little "socket" server login area... sort of IRCdish... I dont see quite how the IRCd would fully run though? Just boot up with mIRC? would it be able to support users and modes... and things of that nature.. I'd assume services would be compleatly out of question.. (no offence to mIRC since i love it.. but... we all know that Windows IRCd's arnt the stable :P except maybe Unreal who has a "Stable" windows version. )

- Andrew Berquist, Windfyre Network
T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
Actually, somebody called Ltsurge (Or something similar to that) wrote a pretty decent ircd in mIRC script.
It supported users, modes, etc. and seemed to be pretty fast.

New username: hixxy
B
Babel fish
Babel fish
B
I wrote it to test scripts on. It makes things alot easier when you can see exactly what the server is getting, and tweek the flood settings. Also my server has something called attackserv with can emulate clone floods and things like that. It seems to have turned into a contest between me and Talon on who can write the best IRCd, and we plan to make them linkable using the same protocol. Its just kinda cool to think that a client is so powerfull you can code the server in it.

Basicer - Windows 7 Business x86
T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
Ah, it was Ltsurge that sent it to me and I just assumed he'd wrote it.
My mistake. smile

New username: hixxy
B
Babel fish
Babel fish
B
If anyone wants to see my script in action, I usualy have my developement snapshot server runnin on: 66.227.254.57:6667 Feel free to drop in and test things out. If you find a bug, it would be great if you could tell me about it!

Basicer - Windows 7 Business x86
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard