mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
B
bubazoo Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
B
I know I asked this question once before, and I know i found it somewhere, but i can't remember where now.

I got a major virus on my computer the other day, and I lost "EVERYTHING" my mirc scripts, my images, files everything frown and the last backup I had was back from September 2004, so I lost ALOT of stuff.

so, I am in the process of remembering how to set all this up again.

How do I auto identify myself to freenode's nickserv
again? I remember last time I put some code in my aliases or popups or something, but I can't remember where or what that code was?

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

I am legally blind. I don't mind talking about it, but please, no negativity. thank you.
L
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
L
Code:
on 1:CONNECT: {
  if ($network == Freenode) {
    nickserv identify PASSWORD
  }
}

I don't use freenode but you get the general idea, and it's easy to modify if needed. Put this in the remote editor (ALT+R).

B
bubazoo Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
B
yeap thats it, thanks dude smile

Last edited by bubazoo; 30/01/05 06:24 PM.

I am legally blind. I don't mind talking about it, but please, no negativity. thank you.
L
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
L
your welcome laugh

T
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
T
I use a different approach, since I have different registered nicknames on SlashNET. Every time I change my nick, nickserv will notice me to ask me the password, so that's what I listen for. The only disadvantage is that it requires you to have the same password for all your nicks.

I added this user:
Code:
ns:nickserv!services@services.slashnet.org
and this event:
Code:
on ns:NOTICE:*IDENTIFY*:?:/msg $nick identify password

K
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
K
With a hash table, ini file or a set of %variable you can keep your nick as entry/item/name and the password for that nick as it's value. For example:
on ns:NOTICE:*IDENTIFY*:?:identify %id. [ $+ [ $me ] ]

I think /msg $nick can be dangerous for such idents, most NickServs allow /ns identify <pass> or /nickserv identify <pass>, this way you're sure it never gets sent to someone faking nickserv...

Link Copied to Clipboard