Print Thread
B
Bonnie Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
B
Hi All
I'm trying to work out a script that will read a file/schedule and issue a command to trigger another script. I can make mIRC do that. The problem comes in trying to get the script to with in 30 seconds of the actual time needed. The command needs to be given at 59 minutes 30 seconds. I had it set up and repeating "timer 1 60" that sometime hit at 5 seconds and again at 57 seconds. Most of the time it was rendom seconds. Is there away for mIRC to alway know the time, read the schedule and send the command right on the mark? I have looked at $time and gmt. They would work if there was a way for mIRC to read the time all that time. I real need any ideas or help on this. Thank you all
Bonnie

C
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
C
not really sure what your askin but perhaps look into $ctime

A
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
A
Would something like this be of use?

from the help file:

(/help Timers)

[help]
If you specify the -m or -h switch, this indicates that the interval delay is in milliseconds.

Note: The -h switch creates a high-resolution multimedia timer. This type of timer should only be used in critical timer situations since it uses system resources heavily.
[/help]

Don't know if it's of any use, I don't even know what they are for/how they work/how much more system resources they use. I suppose they are supposed to be more "acurate"?

Last edited by Aubs; 14/02/03 01:30 PM.

Aubs.
cool

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
/timer does have a [time] parameter which allows you set a specific time for the timer to start running. So for instance /timer 15:59 1 30 echo -a moo would mean that mIRC waited until 15:59 and then started the timer, so after another 30 seconds it echoed 'moo' to the active window. Using this and some $asctime calculations you can make a timer to go off every hour within a second of the specified time. I think you wanted it to go off every hour at xx:59:30, so that's what I did here:
Code:
alias hourly {
  if ($1 == off) {
    timerhourly off
    halt
  }
  var %hours = $asctime(HH)
  timerhourly $+($iif($regex($asctime(nn:ss),/^59:[2-5][0-9]$/),$iif(%hours == 23,00,$calc(%hours + 1)),%hours),:59) 1 30 hourly
  if ($1 != on) {
    ####commands here####
  }
}

Just use /hourly on to start the timer and /hourly off to stop it. I haven't fully tested the alias but it should work fine. There might also be an easier way to do this, I haven't even looked at most of /timer's switches.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.

Link Copied to Clipboard