B
botanic Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
B
By Reference to mIRC Help File, :-
The $ prefix
Indicates that the matchtext section of a definition contains a regular expression.

on $*:TEXT:m/regular expression/switches:#:/echo message: $1-

The 'm' and switches are optional. The // are required. If switches are used they must be standard PCRE switches, otherwise the match will fail. You can use switch 'S' to strip control codes from $1-.

and reference to PCRE

i make this testing script :-

on $*:TEXT:m/$regex($1-,/[[:^digit:]]/g)/P{IsDigit}:#:/echo message: $1-

But, nothings appear.
Any wrong with my script?...

Last edited by botanic; 12/01/05 04:08 AM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Well, a couple of things.

• Since semi colons : are used in the on TEXT event to delimit channels and matchtext, they cannot be used in the matchtext. The option is to use the short hand character class \D instead of [[:^digit:]], or to specify a wildcard * as matchtext, and specify an: if $regex(...) {

on *:TEXT:*:#: if ($regex(input,/expression/modifiers)) { do things }
  • If you use the $ event prefix to use a regex in the matchtext part, then you don't specify the $regex identifier, you put the expression right away like:

on $*:TEXT:/\D+/:#: echo -a matched 1 or more non-digit characters
  • The m isn't needed, since you are grouping your expression between slashes / /. Just use the m if you want to chose other seperators than / /.
  • I don't know the /P{isdigit} construct, I think you meant to put \P{..} ? I'm fairly sure that the mIRC regex does not support Unicode character properties. Wouldn't that be \P{N} anyway, as in "match a character that isn't a number" ?
  • I see you use the g modifier after [[:^digit:]]/. I think the g modifier only works when putting it after the last slash /g of the expression.

• It would help a lot if you told us what exactly you are trying to match. Btw I'm by no means a regex guru, I have basic knowledge, enough to get around in mIRC.

Greets

Last edited by FiberOPtics; 12/01/05 04:51 AM.

Gone.
B
botanic Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
B
Thanks, and now i know it cannot work. smile
for ur information, i want make a number game. just a newbie idea. smile and i want to know how ON $*:TEXT:m/regex/:#: works.

so, thank to tell me about the D+,

more question : is it logic if ON $*:TEXT:*:#: { if ($regex(input,/expression/modifiers)) { do things } } ?
is the $* will work ?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
No, if you're gonna put * as matchtext, and use the $regex in an if condition, then lose the $ event prefix.

So: on *:TEXT:*:#: if $regex(....) { commands }

Btw, maybe I can help you, what would you like to match?

Greets

Gone.
B
botanic Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
B
just a crazy idea... frown

i like to match what number i want....
this game like a "mastermind". But everyone in channel can try and only use number. no others characters..

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Well you don't need a regex for that.

Suppose your number is stored in variable %mm.number

Then you do: on *:TEXT:$(%mm.number):#: msg # $nick guessed the right number %mm.number

The $( ) construct allows you to put variables or identifiers in the matchtext, so that they are evaluated, and checked for their values.

So if %mm.number is 888, and someone types 888, your code will msg the channel saying they guessed the right number.

Perhaps you could add a trigger like !mm <number> which would go as follows:

on *:TEXT:$(!mm %mm.number):#: msg # $nick guessed the right number %mm.number

Greets

Gone.
B
botanic Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
B
thanks... u are helping me too much. LOL!

so, i will use the on *:TEXT:$(!mm %mm.number):#: { whatever }

thanks again.. :P

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
No problem, glad to help.

Gone.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I should note that in the case of single variables for matchtext and locationpart, the eval brackets $() are not needed. They are however needed for identifiers, no matter what case.

So something like:

on *:TEXT:%matchtext:%channels: will work fine

However if you want to put multiple strings in the matchtext part, you need to use eval as explained in the above posts.

on *:TEXT:$(!trigger %matchtext):%channels: will work fine

etc.

Gone.

Link Copied to Clipboard