Print Thread
#106109 24/12/04 05:08 AM
M
mpeck Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
M
i know they exist, but does anyone know of one that would allow me to link to an already running UnrealIRCD?

#106110 24/12/04 06:09 PM
D
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
D
sorry, theres no such thing as an mIRCd. There are ircd's written in mIRC script but they are flakey at best.

As for IRCd's, whats wrong with linking another unrealircd server to it? Servers link together to make a network, and both/all servers need to have their config file edited correctly to allow this.

#106111 24/12/04 06:14 PM
T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
A mIRCd would be a "mIRC internet relay chat daemon", just like a wIRCd is a "windows internet relay chat daemon", even though a mIRCd would technically be a wIRCd, of course they exist.

New username: hixxy
#106112 25/12/04 05:22 AM
M
mpeck Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
M
Quote:
sorry, theres no such thing as an mIRCd. There are ircd's written in mIRC script but they are flakey at best.

As for IRCd's, whats wrong with linking another unrealircd server to it? Servers link together to make a network, and both/all servers need to have their config file edited correctly to allow this.
this all came off of the other post i had about a program that will link my computer to my server, i found out about mIRCd's, and i was trying to find one that could link to unreal, but i finally got ahold of my friend that made that program i was talking about, he's gonna change it so its like an admin panel, where you have full control over the server through it, i told him make it so you can configure what server you connect to, and the linking passwords and stuff.

Link Copied to Clipboard