Print Thread
#105909 22/12/04 04:00 AM
D
dwcraig Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
D
im trying to add a line of code so that when someone comes into the room i can just type /h and it tells them hello. Problem is i cant seem to get the code to work so that when i type the short cut and click on their name it comes up as howdy (name) i thought it was $$1 but that is not working.can anyone help?

#105910 22/12/04 04:39 AM
M
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
M
you write those in your aliases $$1 refers to the first word, that's why you need to put $$2. To get your your aliases, Press Alt + A and the following
Code:

/h /msg # hello  [color:blue] $$2 [/color]

so in this case, when you type for example: /h Steve (where steve = $$2), the script should come out as: hello Steve. If you need to add more words, you can replace "hello" with any other words, but "Steve" will still be used as $$2.

hope that helps smile

#105911 22/12/04 06:06 AM
S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
Actually the alias name does not fill any parameters, $1 would be Steve in that case. For this alias you need to refer to $sline to get the nicknames you select:

Code:
alias h say Howdy $$sline(#,1)

1 refers to the first selected nickname, $snicks or $snick(#) can be used to return a list of all those selected separated by a comma

#105912 22/12/04 04:08 PM
K
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
K
dwcraig said something about clicking names, so i assume you want it to work where you can simply click their name and then type the alias. In that case, you'd want

/h /msg $chan hello $snicks

I think >_>

Just hit Ctrl + A and type that one a new line.

Link Copied to Clipboard