mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
M
mpeck Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
M
i used to have a program that would let me link to my server, through my computer, so, if i was script testing, and accidently gline myself, i could start the program, and connect since it was a server, it bypassed the gline, and i could then remove it....anyone know of a program that does this?

A
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
A
I know of no such thing and if your dumb enough to gline yourself you shouldnt even be running a ircd

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
Quote:
Main Entry: ac·ci·dent
Pronunciation: 'ak-s&-d&nt, -"dent; 'aks-d&nt
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French, from Latin accident-, accidens nonessential quality, chance, from present participle of accidere to happen, from ad- + cadere to fall -- more at CHANCE
1 a : an unforeseen and unplanned event or circumstance b : lack of intention or necessity : CHANCE <met by accident rather than by design>
2 a : an unfortunate event resulting especially from carelessness or ignorance b : an unexpected and medically important bodily event especially when injurious <a cerebrovascular accident> c : an unexpected happening causing loss or injury which is not due to any fault or misconduct on the part of the person injured but for which legal relief may be sought
3 : a nonessential property or quality of an entity or circumstance <the accident of nationality>

New username: hixxy
A
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
A
Heres the technical look, unless you used a proxy or your local ip looked different theres almost no way, b/c when you link servers they share the glines from one to the other

M
mpeck Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
M
what i'm talking about it, my buddy made a program, where i connected as a server, not through another server, and a server cant be glined, so it bypassed the gline and allowed me to remove it, but, i cant find it anymore, and dont see my friend much anymore either

R
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
R
Just remove the gline in the config file and restart the server program. If the server's running on a remote machine you're gonna have to remote control it or ask the owner to do it, of course. Actually, changing the config file is probably simpler than connecting as a server, which might also require changing the config file anyway.

Link Copied to Clipboard