#105225 13/12/04 11:21 PM
M
Mascot Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
M
Hi guyz...
i try to run my own channel and um looking for a GooD BOT helping me to operate the channel on DALnet......
so if u know where to find a good bot that:::
1)has trivia game can be modified...
2)can do all channel services and auto limit persons....
.........tell me please..
Thanks all. ::P

#105226 14/12/04 05:57 AM
C
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
C
first off Mascot,

what kind of a bot are you looking for?? an eggdrop , windrop or a mirc bot?

this is primarly a mirc help site but i'll give ya this info:

eggdrops are ideal for what you want, unfortunatly they require an additional service to run ( a shell ), you can get more info on them here EggHeads.org

windrops basicly work the same as eggdrops but run locally on a windows based machine ( no extra service needed ) and sorry i can't remeber what the web address is for their site off the top of my head but, you can search it if interested.

mircbots are scripts probally like the one your currently using and can be found on several sites such as :
MircScripts.org
Hawkee.com
and MircScripts.com

you should be able to find what you looking no matter which way you choose to go ..........
good luck

#105227 14/12/04 08:39 PM
R
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
R
isnt a windrop kind of self contradicting
seeing as eggs use linux for stability
depending on if your channel is registered and you have to worry about keeping it
if it is then i wouldnt bother with an egg
and there a plenty of bots out there that can do exactly what you want

The Kodokan will move you, one way or another.
#105228 15/12/04 02:42 PM
C
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
C
Quote:
isnt a windrop kind of self contradicting
seeing as eggs use linux for stability

true eggdropd use a linux sytem and it has been said that it's more stable than windows and i agree with that. but all a windrop is, is a reformatted version to run on window based systems. it has almost the same power as a linux based eggie. i've personally run a couple of windrops on my system with min issues..

and in reponse to :
Quote:
depending on if your channel is registered and you have to worry about keeping it

?????...... not sure want you meant with that... lol but oh, well.(after thought: unless you were reffering to having clones on a paticular irc server?, then yes your right! cause it would require the use of cloneing unless you can have seperate ip adresses for it(them)..)

and yes there are many GOOD Mirc scripts out there that will do the job nicley.. i was just giving some options for the original poster....

Link Copied to Clipboard