Print Thread
#105099 12/12/04 08:51 AM
H
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
H
Hello,

Since yesterday I am having problems joining a channel on undernet network. it seems that the minute I try to join the channel, I get disconnected from undernet and it automatically trys to reconnect again. it doesnt give any error, just says 'disconnected'. I know I'm not banned from the channel, otherwise I would have seen the ban message in my status window. I am not sure what exactly is causing the problem and how I can fix it. I can join other channels on undernet just fine, just this one channel keep getting me disconnected.

I run Windows XP pro SP1
Mirc 6.16
ADSL connection

Any help would be appreciated!

EDIT: I asked my friend to be in the channel when I attempt to join so he could see the quit error message and he said its "Max sendQ exceeded". what does it mean and how can I prevent it?

Last edited by heavenly; 12/12/04 09:16 AM.
#105100 12/12/04 04:29 PM
J
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
J
heavenly,

the "Max sendQ exceeded" indicates that you or your remotes triggered some command that caused the IRC server to exceed its buffer overflow limit, and the server disconnects you as part of its own flood protection. It's likely that you have some command activated automatically when you join a channel, and if that channel has 100's of users in it, thats the cause of the "Max sendQ exceeded". (joining chans with fewer users in them will not trigger it); try turning off your remotes /remote off and then join it; if that stops the error, then you need to find the remote ON Join thats causing it and fix it or delete it, then turn your remotes back on.

#105101 13/12/04 06:13 AM
H
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
H
Thank you Julie2, and you are right, the channel is about 1500 people, but luckily I am now finally able to join the channel again without being disconnected so hope it lasts grin

Thanks again for your help!

Link Copied to Clipboard