Print Thread
#104460 03/12/04 07:21 PM
W
Wookie Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
W
I've downloaded a couple of simple mirc addons and the instructions to use where to copy and paste them in the remote scripts area of mIRC...which I have done.

Only they dont seem to be working and I was wondering if this was correct. Just how do you insert these code snippets correctly..is there a guide to inserting them?

TIA

Wookie

#104461 03/12/04 10:35 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
1) Make sure it was in your Remote section, ALT+R. It's very likely they won't work in the Aliases section, nor will they work in any other section of the Script Editor.

2) Put the code in a new file, File > New.

3) Make sure your Remote is on, /remote on.

Most addons on scripting websites come in a .zip file where you can unzip it to the mIRC directory. It usually contains a .MRC file. You can load this file into mIRC using /load -rs filename.mrc - Snippets are often pasted though.

Make sure that you read any documentation that comes with the scripts to make sure you're using it correctly. You might simply be mistyping an alias or you've pasted it in the wrong section of the Script Editor, etc.

Hope you get it sorted smile

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#104462 04/12/04 04:51 AM
W
Wookie Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
W
Thanks mate! Thats sorted the problem, you dont know how long I tried to work it out on my own...stubborn bugger I am...:D

Thanks again.

Link Copied to Clipboard