#10345 09/02/03 04:45 PM
L
libben Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
L
I have a problem with my nick colors.

Ive added some ppls in diff networks and channels with their own color... ive added them with

*!*~fnutt@a170.hn.student.liu.se

and well, when adding them they show instantly up in both Messagebox and listbox.... but when firing mirc up again, it takes over 30 mins or sometimes even not at all showing it. Why is this happening? why is it taking so much time...

One Ircbot that is allways on the channel allways has it own color, from the start when i fire mirc up.... but all others are not showing or having 40+ mins delay sometimes...

How it looks for me when its good...

this is what i have on a good day.. and often its only our bot Cecilia that gets the color... all others are getting huge waiting for it or not at all... they have same host... yes! and its mirc 6.03

#10346 09/02/03 04:52 PM
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
mIRC has to recieve their addresses before it can decide whether to colour their nicks, which only when:
They message the channel/you
You whois them
They change a channel mode
They join a channel
Some others, can't be bothered to explain.

To automatically get everyone addresses when you join a channel use this (remotes):
Code:
on *:JOIN:#:{
  if ( $nick == $me ) {
    set %ial $+ # 1
    who #
  }
}
raw 352:*:{ 
  if ( $eval(% $+ ial $+ $2,2) == 1 ) {
    haltdef
  }
}
raw 315:*:{ 
  if ( $eval(% $+ ial $+ $2,2) == 1 ) {
    unset %ial $+ $2
    haltdef
  }
}

#10347 09/02/03 05:04 PM
L
libben Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
L
hmm.... doesnt seem to help... ive added it in remote scripts....

weird

#10348 09/02/03 05:45 PM
L
libben Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
L
hmm... still hasent helped me... im getting nothing... maybe i should make it to respond to names only....

any ideas on better ways to do this ?

W
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
W
Man, had the same prob myself and that completely fixed it. Thanks a lot. Would be a great option as a checkbox for a future version. Btw, for those of you that may attempt this and don't already know, make sure that you add the text in the remote - script.ini look just like Collective had written, don't just cut/paste or will end up one line long and won't work. Is probably why yours didn't work libben. I cut and pasted it and then just used my Enter key to separate the lines as Collective had posted. As soon as I did that and re-entered the room, all assigned nicks had their colors. Thanks again for the info.

Link Copied to Clipboard