mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
D
DaveC Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
D
I cant get the forum to email me when someone replies to a post of mine, it used to and i didnt change anything, so cant work out what i have done if anything, OK flame me now saying that it never did that or thats off by default or im to lazy to use search or my names nobby, but at least while your lighting the torches and raising the linching hordes (nice pitchfork by the way), tell me how to set it so it does?

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
My Home > "Edit" link next to "Subscribe / Unsubscribe from receiving forum posts by email, change message notifications, etc. "

New username: hixxy
A
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
A
Same here I get the daily digest but not the replies

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Same.

Gone.
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Just so i'm sure, under My Home, subscribe/unsub, you have the box checked to email replies to your fav topics checked and also have the threads in question added to favs, correct? i know i dont have to ask you if you checked to be sure they arent getting sent to spam area in your email client

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
D
DaveC Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
D
everything is ticked to yes, and i even subscribed to all the forum mass posts per day, but still no notifications of replies. I havent got any spam email section, it all floods in (lucky me eh!)

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I experience the exact same thing. Everything is enabled, but I have yet to receive an email after someone replies to me.

I only get emails for the daily digest, and when I receive private messages, but not when a person replies to me in a thread.

The email notifications are very handy imo, and I would love to see this restored/fixed.

Greets

EDIT:

Quote:

and also have the threads in question added to favs, correct?

Damn, so you're saying we have to add each thread that we reply to, in the "favorite threads"? Ok, haven't done that, since the old board automatically emailed you after being replied to. Is it by any chance possible to restore the old behaviour, it seems rather tedious to add every thread you reply too. Could there perhaps be a function that will automatically add every thread you participate in, to the "favorite threads"?

Last edited by FiberOPtics; 23/11/04 08:04 AM.
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
"Damn, so you're saying we have to add each thread that we reply to, in the "favorite threads"? "

that's the impression i get from whats in My Home under email and what i found so far in the ubb board docs. i havent had time to wade thru them and their forums totally, so im really not sure if this version has the capacity to do otherwise.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
D
DaveC Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
D
Quote:
Do you want all replies to your favorite topics emailed to you?

thats the option, is this even the same thing I wonder, as it implies all replies to the said topic, not just the replies to your messages, maybe there is another unactivated option in the forum software?

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
I'm pretty sure it's all replies to the post (although I haven't checked). It's possible that the old feature was added by Krejt, and he simply hasn't ported it to the new version yet.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.

Link Copied to Clipboard