Print Thread
#102978 14/11/04 11:02 PM
M
milosh Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
M
I guess that there is a way to use editboxes in windows made by /window command. Something like edit in dialogs, and to pass the value of the text from editbox in some variable. I just don't know how to use them in custom window.
I would also like to know if there is a way to use buttons in that same win.
I tried to use search, but there is some strange bug that gives me a hundred of pages without the words that I looked for.
Anybody can give me some example of using both edit and buttons in window?
Thanks!

velicha dusha moja Gospoda
#102979 15/11/04 12:46 AM
B
Babel fish
Babel fish
B
well 2 things here i no how to make buttons( and its not wat ur thinking of) and editboxes meaning, not like a chat room like any random point on a window?

buttons very easy-
buttons are all about coloring
i made a paint script for mirc that just changes the left side and top color or the button to a (mirc color number 14) dark gray and have the right side bottom side stay white (mirc color 0)

so it will start all sides are white and than changes the top and left side of the when u click it!
ok this is sumtin i just learned its like the on click pretty much for the window

menu @thewindow {
sclick: {
use $mouse.x $mouse.y to find out where on the window that u LEFT BUTTON DOWN on, easy way to make lines through clicking on certain points
so wat ya can do is set them
set %mouse.x $mouse.x
set %mouse.y $mouse.y
and go to an alias which changes top and left side
}
uclick: {
use $mouse.x $mouse.y to find out where on the window that u LEFT BUTTON UP on, easy way to make lines through clicking on certain points
set %umouse.x $mouse.x
set %umouse.y $mouse.y
and go to an alias which changes top and left back to reg
}
}
this can be done for multiple buttons
all u need is to find the xy of the top left of the button and the xy of the bottom right and say

if (%mouse.x > x1) && (%mouse.x < x2) && (%mouse.y > y1) && (%mouse.y < y2) {
than make the line change for this button very easy sript if u no wat ur doing

PLEASE READ /help /windows

reading this will help ALOT!

#102980 15/11/04 12:57 AM
M
milosh Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
M
Thank you, man. That's a good idea of using colors and text instead of buttons, I will use that. I thought that there is something like buttons in dialogs (real buttons), but if not I will just use what you have told. And about editbox... I don't need a editbox opened somewhere in the window (I can use $input, or many other stuff for that) I need (if it is posible) something like edit in dialogs... a box that is on that window with a value that I can change.
I have read help file.

velicha dusha moja Gospoda
#102981 16/11/04 03:31 AM
B
Babel fish
Babel fish
B
No Problem Dude

From one scripter to another, that is the easiest way i made buttons in my paint script, but now im back to dialogs and batch files making a mIRC File Search thats like 1000000000000x faster than window's search and more throughout

#102982 16/11/04 03:47 AM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Wow you're so elite.

Gone.
#102983 16/11/04 06:05 AM
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
lol

Link Copied to Clipboard