mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#102387 08/11/04 06:11 AM
L
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
L
This may be a simple question but being the IRC scripting newbie that I am I cannot figure it out, here is what I want to do.

I am an OP of a channel and I have strict rules that no profanity is to be used at any time. Now I could just setup a bot to kick and ban people if they swear but I would like to personally speak with them.

I want to be able to press a F key and input the users name then have mIRC log that persons nickname into a file so that I can go through and see what they have said over the past day or so. I cannot monitor the channel 24/7 but I think being able to log the users messages would be a good way for ME to determine if they should be banned and not some script that someone else has written.

I have found out that this is done through the /a button and in the Varibles section but as for logging specific nicknames I cannot figure it out.

I would also like to be able to remove this with another F key.. can anyone help me?

Lucid

#102388 08/11/04 08:32 AM
A
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
A
for the F button alias section F5 /ame hi would send /me hi to all rooms, for your log, id suggest filter. Use say $findfile to get the total logs for that room and then loop through with filter and filter his nick and his lines into another text file

Link Copied to Clipboard