mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#102303 07/11/04 06:45 AM
D
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
D
Any way there could be a script made to keep a ban reason?
I've tried to make one with /write, but I'm not skilled enough to make it work properly crazy

Could someone make one if possible please? smile

#102304 07/11/04 07:00 AM
S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
Do you mean maintaining a kick reason? I assume this is an autokick system, there are already quite a few of these around if you check out scripting websites such as www.mircscripts.org www.mirc.net www.hawkee.com www.team-clanx.org among others. If you want to script one then I recommend using hash tables since the search feature supports a reverse wildmatch find which is useful in this kind of system

You could add entries to the hash table via /hadd -m akick banmask reason here

'akick' is the name of the table, 'banmask' is the table's index and also the particular mask that you wish to ban. 'reason here' is an optional reason

After you've added your hash table entries you can use a simple join event, on @*:join:#:if ($hfind(akick,$fulladdress,1,W)) { mode # +b $ifmatch | kick # $nick $hget(akick,$ifmatch) }

/ban -k can also be used to kick and ban, but this method ensures it uses the banmask as specified in the hash table. I urge you to read /help hash tables to see the other features supported and also to look at the bits that need to be added to this current code such as saving/loading

#102305 07/11/04 08:02 AM
F
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
F
What you can also do is use the User List in mIRC...

You can add someone to a level and add some comments, for example auser -a 666 Guest*!*@* Guest nickname are akicked from this channel.

With $ulist($fulladdress,666,1).info on you kick messageyou will get the info line you've added to the trigered nickname on the event.

What I use is: on !*:JOIN:#:{ if $ulist($fulladdress,666,1) && ($me isop #) { ban # $maddress | kick # $nick $ulist($fulladdress,666,1).info } }

#102306 08/11/04 03:47 AM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
The script I use simply puts all kick/ban information into a custom window. Since I have 2 bots that kick/ban for various reasons and multiple ops who also kick/ban as needed, I like to have a record of what's happening.

My script puts up a custom window that has all the information stored (who it was and their dns info, the time, and the reason). It tracks kicks, bans, and unbans.

Look up help on "Custom Windows" and "on *:kick" and "on *:ban" in mIRC's help. That will give you all you need for such a script.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net

Link Copied to Clipboard