mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
L
Laban Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
L
Sometimes when I switch channels in mIRC, (while connected through Remote Desktop) the RDP connection crashes with an error that describes something about the protocol/corruption. So far, I've only seen this behaviour while using mIRC. What causes this? Is it mIRC's or Microsoft's problem?

!ERAU QSSI DLRO WEHT
A
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
A
I use both remote desktop and radmin and I have never seen this problem.

L
Laban Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
L
It happens occationly. So far I've seen no patterns, except when changing channel-window in mIRC.

!ERAU QSSI DLRO WEHT
Babel fish
Babel fish
I use RDP on at least 5 systems that are all running mIRC and I have never had the error you descibed. It may be a system specific issue as I very often switch channel windows on some of them. I'm sure you have windows updated all the way and have the latest mIRC version so I won't suggest that, but unless you can reproduce and provide more details I'm positive we won't be able to get down to the bottom of your error.

Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
Check the event logs for specific reasons. Sounds like the fault lies with RDC rather than mIRC.

G
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
G
I occassionally get the same (protocol) error when using mirc through Remote Desktop. I have found that it can occur when switching channels or when I minimise another window over mirc (forcing a refresh). It happens very infrequently and is hard to reproduce.

winxp sp1 (client) --> win2003 std. (server) running mirc

Link Copied to Clipboard