mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
C
Cirex Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
C
The other day i was trying to get files from 2 people but everytime the 2nd connection would initiate, it would fail. I never had a problem with this before and am wondering why it would have started all of a sudden. I have looked at all the options in the dcc section of options and nothing jumps out at me, any help would be appreciated.

S
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
S
Normally a file transfer failure is the result of blocked port(s) at the Senders End or it could be you ignore the file type the person was trying to send, if so a quick temporary remedy is to type /dcc ignore off it would usually by default turn itself back on in 3 minutes, if this was/is the case you can make permanent changes in ALT + O > DCC > Ignore in mIRC6.16

mIRC will not by default restrict you to one receive at a time

ScoT

Give a man a fish feed him for a day, Teach him to fish, feed him for life
D
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
D
I too am having this problem. I can only send or recieve one DCC at a time, however the specifics are a little different for me.

When I do a fresh install of winXP, mirc6.16 works great. I am running sygate pro firewall and use another machine on my lan for virus scanning ( NO antivirus on the machine running mirc and all machines are behind a router, and DCC is fully functional as in I can send and recieve multiple DCC's at the same time). For some reason, after about a month I can only send or recieve one DCC at a time.

I am an experienced mirc user and I know that all my options are correctly set, ignores are off and ports are set and holes are punched into my firewall and router. I am totally perplexed at to why my DCC's do not fully work.

I generally only install programs like MSoffice and maintainance utilities for the system, its not for gaming, photo/digital editing or anything other than email, surfing and scripting. ( When I am scripting I do not use my personal client that I normally use to chat) Does anyone have an idea as to a solution? Im kinda getting tired of reinstalling winXP to get functionality out of mirc, and I do not necessarily want to revert to an archaic version of mirc.

T
Babel fish
Babel fish
T
My mIRC 6.16 works perfectly with multiple receives(for many years through upgrades of mIRC) although I don't use windows XP - I have win2kpro. I doubt your windows is the problem.

I would check your router as the possible source of the problem.

Can't think of anything else...

Good luck,

Talea

D
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
D
Its not my router. Like I said, everything worked fine with a fresh install of winXP. I have also taken the one machine off the router, placed it directly to the cable modem and I still have the same result.

The router I have has been flashed with the latest bios, has been properly configured and works great.

I have also recently done a reinstall of winXP on another machine (which is behind my router) and mirc is fully functional, but the other machine still is experiencing the same send/recieve problem.

It just really boggles my mind how this is occuring.

T
Babel fish
Babel fish
T
Well I can joke and say it's your windows XP but...

Actually I've seen in other threads if you have mcafee anti-virus, it can block ports, perhaps some of those ports you use for your mirc is being blocked by your anti-virus software.

A shot in the dark for sure but you never know...

Talea

D
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
D
Its possible that antivirus software corrupted my mirc client, however, I did not have any antivirus software on the machine, and I definately NEVER run Mcafee because I am not too fond of that virus scanner. I did notice however that if I install mirc BEFORE the latest MSNmessenger, that it goes corrupt.

In the meantime, to solve my problem, I have resorted to re-installing winXP and making a ghost image this time...hehe. Saves tons of time when i have to reinstall.

Thanx Talea, for your responses, they are much appreciated.

T
Babel fish
Babel fish
T
You're welcome... sorry I wasn't much help.

Talea

Link Copied to Clipboard