mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
D
Donks Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
D
Sometimes when I get disconnected from the network and try to reconnect it says Error:Nickname is already in use. I am the only one who is using it. For some reason my nick is staying online while i am disconnected. Sort of like a ghost. It takes a few minutes for the "ghost" to go away, then i can get the nick back. It is not a case of someone else getting my nick at just the right moment after i got disconnected. It is just a case of my nick staying online after i get disconnected.
Is there any way to fix this so when i get disconnected my nick does also....then i dont have to wait to get it back?

A
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
A
If you're nickname is registered you can ghost kill your nick through nickserv services. Check with your server website and help channel and you should find out what type of services your server has.

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Situations may occasionally cause the networks server to believe that you are still online. The nickname representing your previous connection is referred to as a ghost.A ghost is a connection that does not really exist anymore. The server just doesn't know it yet. So no, there really isnt anything you can do about it.

If your network has the commands, if sometimes the ghost command doesnt work, try the recover and release commands.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet

Link Copied to Clipboard