mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
S
sysys Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
S
i can't seem to find a way to be able to do this, and it's really annoying. whenever i am /killed mirc will not auto-reconnect, although it will with any other disconnection (connection reset, etc). i even tried making a script to auto-reconnect but the 'on QUIT' remote doesn't seem to trigger after a /kill.
the reason this is such a problem for me is because i'm on a small network run by a friend of mine and we constantly just /kill each other for fun. it's annoying to come back after like 12 hours to find you've been /killed and can't read anything that just happened...
thanks for your help

W
Babel fish
Babel fish
W
on quit triggers when another user quits, on disconnect is triggered when you get disconnected. mirc's auto-reconnect function should work fine when you are killed.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Some server software blocks auto reconnect after a kill, or even a quit. In such cases there is a set time you must wait before being able to reconnect. It's not a bad idea either, the idea of being killed is usually because someone is doing something silly and maybe they need time to read the kill reason and ponder on their deed before getting back on.

S
sysys Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
S
nah, on DISCONNECT won't work either smirk

and it's not the server software doing it, because when i'm there paying attention i can press connect right away and be back in like 5 seconds.
i also know this because the on DISCONNECT remote doesn't execute on a /kill

A
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
A
A kill simply closes your socket to the ircd, there in tells the client that you disconnected. Id simply run a timer ever so often to check if your $status if your connected it equals "connected" else reconnect.

Link Copied to Clipboard