Print Thread
#101033 19/10/04 10:35 PM
C
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
C
Hiya guys,

I've registered a channel on Dalnet, and i'm hoping to use it quite soon as part of my website. My only concern is that if i'm the only person in the channel, and then I leave and somebody else comes in, they automatically get the '@' symbol before their name which means they can kick and ban people right? If so, is there a way of stopping that from happening?

Also, is there a way of giving a channel a topic? I'd like my channel to give people a greeting as they come in.

Thanks in advance guys.

#101034 20/10/04 07:21 PM
C
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
C
Anyone? frown

I'm struggling big time confused

#101035 20/10/04 08:02 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Each network has their own Services, some have none, some have more widely used Services packages such as Epona, but DALnet has its own - they have nothing to do with mIRC.

When a channel is registered on DALnet, although a person will be opped when they join your channel (when it's empty), ChanServ will automatically deop them. This can be changed with the LEAVEOPS option, see /chanserv help set leaveops.

To set a topic, use /topic #channel new-topic-here. When you leave the channel empty and come back, by default, the channel topic will be gone. You need to set the KEEPTOPIC option on so that ChanServ saves it - use /chanserv set #channel keeptopic on. There are not greet message options on DALnet, although the topic greets people when they join.

For further help with DALnet services, the best place to go is #Help or #DALnetHelp or DALnet. Also see http://docs.dal.net and type /services help when connected to DALnet.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#101036 20/10/04 11:08 PM
C
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
C
Thanks a lot mate, I appreciate your help cool

Link Copied to Clipboard