Print Thread
#100583 14/10/04 06:13 AM
Z
Zeusbwr Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
Z
Im learning C++ due to my thirst for knowlage (hah lol). And i was curious if i setup a DDE client->server connection with a C++ program i wrote and mirc, allowing mirc to basically send all data reguarding my needs (dif types of bots) to the C++ program, then the program responds accourdingly, how well would this work?
Would DDE communication be a slow way to handle mass people and text transfers between a program and mirc?

And also, if this is possible would it be impossible to rip? I mean if the C++ program is doing all the work and just basically sending simple msg/notice/ect. type commands, the user might find a way to simply make mirc halt using the programs command, cache it, then modify it. But that would be so much work they would have their own bot by that time so it wouldent much matter lol.
Aside from that, it would be secure right since its a C++ compiled program. And i know the mIRC script allowing it to DDE communicate with the program would be readable, but that would be simple stuff.

Thanks!

#100584 18/10/04 07:59 AM
J
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
J
hey DDE communication is not the best choice, try to connect your bots with sockets

if you need help i'm in irc.angeleyez.net #GamesGalore, i have a couple scripts using DDE, cause i'm linking mirc with a database

Link Copied to Clipboard