mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Y
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
Y
This just happened 3 times, mIRC had been running all day long with no problems, but suddenly this happens smirk
screenshot
So when I open it again it happens again and again, but now it havent happened shocked

J
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
J
I got the same thing!!!!!
(with additional buttons if it should send a rapport to Microsoft)

I had 6.14 running with no major problems. I upgraded to 6.16 and the problems started. It just sucks. It crashed with this error almost every day, as the other one was running for weeks with no problem!!!!
Also I had sysreset script running in 6.14, so i want to go back to 6.14 with sysreset script full install pack.. The problem is, that cant be downloaded anymore at www.sysreset.com. So, now i'm stuck with this *shitty* version of 6.16..
GRRRRRRRRRRRRR

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
This person had the same error code (0eedfade).

If you are running any scripts try removing them (perhaps a Winamp script?).

Re: JRLS
For me mIRC 6.16 has not crashed, and I've had it since the day it came out.

Sysreset has been a quite unstable script since mIRC 6.1, just do a Search for it. It's not mIRC's fault this script has such shortcomings.

You can download past versions of mIRC from this site.

J
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
J
I first had 6.14 with sysreset:
- no crashing
- sometimes DCC send wouldnt start and times out (but that only happened once in a while, and i had resend on, so that's not really an issue) <-- this is definetely MIRC related, because changing packetsize solved it sometimes. DCC send has issues, that's for sure.

I then upgraded 6.14 to mIRC 6.16 (the script stayed the same)
- No more time outs for send (well, not so many)
- Crashing almost every day

So, i got 3 choices:
- Stick to 6.14 and accept the (sometimes) timeouts
- go to 6.16 and crash every day
- change the script (invision, excursion, etc..), and pray it runs fine with 6.16 (i doubt it, since other script have problems too)

Conclusion : there is definitely some problem with mIRC and some script, that used to work fine, so something has changed in the newer versions of mIRC that cause problems.
Solution:
- Change scripts to work around the problem
- Fix problem in mIRC.

Greetz,
JRLS

Last edited by JRLS; 14/10/04 10:06 AM.
T
Babel fish
Babel fish
T
Sysreset 2.53 has been designed ONLY for mIRC 6.03 - no matter what the website says that it will not work properly for higher versions of mIRC, you will get crashing. In this case, when mIRC crashes it's because of an outdated script NOT mIRC.

I know since I've used it.

There will be a new version of sysreset (2.55) I believe which is designed for mIRC 6.16.

I currently use mIRC 6.16 with my own custom scripts and encountered NO crashing. Mind you sometimes I do have to re-code my scripts to allow for new features in the latest mIRC.

So just be patient... there will be bug fixed releases but in the meantime it's best (if you are going to use a script), use it with the mIRC it was designed for.

Just my 2 cents worth,

Talea

Link Copied to Clipboard