mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
T
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
T
Ok I created a channel for IRC. Everything was going fine, but after about two weeks I didn't have voice anymore. Now i don't have voice and I don't know how to get it back. Our channel has a bot (brenbot) for C&C renegade. Can someone please help me out?

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
If you are the creator/owner of a channel, then you should be getting opped (@) instead of voiced (+) - However, if you prefer to be voiced, then you should be able to obtain op status through the bot? Or through some sort of channel service? (e.g. ChanServ). If not, and you can no longer obtain op/voice status then and you have no channel service, there is not much you can do.

If you do get op status, just use /mode #channel -o+v yournickname yournickname to voice yourself. You could also ask a friend who is opped in there to voice you.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
T
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
T
i created the channel but i was never channel op. i had voice but couldn't give it to anyone else. i registered channel and gave is pw and stuff. is there something special i have to write so i am channel op when i get on?

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
If you were the creator of the channel, you must have had OP status at one point (@ next to your nickname. Voice is +). Channel registration is specific to each IRC network - there are hundreds of IRC networks, the one you use will have its own system of how things work.

The best thing to do is to go to the network's #Help channel, or look at their website for help files. They know the network and how registered channels work.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris

Link Copied to Clipboard