mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
S
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
S
Hi all, i would like to see a "Split view mode" for the internal script editor

Reason why i want it is so i can work on two different section of a script at the same time.
Currently i decided to rewrite an old script of mine, and sort out all of its ID numbers, leaving all
my code jumbled up and the wrong ID, hence a rewrite, the script is 330 lines of code, and is my
biggest script (addon) i have at the mo.

For example i have an ID number on line 34, but the code to execute line 34's ID is somewhere on
line 142, now trying to remember which ID goes on which line is a bit hard, when trying to sort out 330
lines of code. You could have one view on Line 34 and the other view on line 142.

So please i ask if this could be considered for the next version of mIRC, perhaps as an extra button
next to the {} button or in the "Options" or "View" menu.

Currently i`m using TextPad to split the view of the script so i can edit it, but it would be handy for
others who dont use TextPad or a different editor.

Thanks to all who have read this post, i would be interested in other views

ShadowDemon
mIRC V6.16

Never argue with an idiot...they'll drag you down to their level and beat you up with experience
O
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
O
I think mirc should have a better script editor than a standard textbox. Possibly one with automatic color coding and little squiggly underlines for invalid/erroneous code

S
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
S
Hi, well yeah i think that too, but i know thats already been suggested millions o times
Seacrh and you will find the "Syntax Highlighting"

What i`m asking for is for a button (like a toggle) to split the editor in half and work on two different
sections of the code at the same time, with one click, and if say u want to revert back to an unsplit
view mode, click the button again, and "pop" it goes back to unslipt view mode wink

ShadowDemon
mIRC V6.16

Never argue with an idiot...they'll drag you down to their level and beat you up with experience

Link Copied to Clipboard